Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for Tweeter Wiring Diagram

Hi guys,

I'm trying to install new tweeters in the top of the seats in the factory locations, and instead of pulling new wire and removing the seat id Like to use the factory wires. My bose amp was removed along time ago, but I am assuming that the tweeter wires still ran to the bose amp through the rest of the speaker wire harness, however I do not see any obvious matches to the wires, a diagram or some insight from anyone who has done this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for Tweeter Wiring Diagram-speaker-jpg

Found it

3. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY liked this post
    Looking for Tweeter Wiring Diagram 05 GRAND DADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron5 View Post
    Looking for Tweeter Wiring Diagram-speaker-jpg

Found it
    Can you Please post where you purchased and what type of speaker you decide on, as mine may of gotten wet or something... they just sound slightly distorted. Are you purchasing waterproof type of speakers, just in case that would ever happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 05 GRAND DADDY View Post
    Can you Please post where you purchased and what type of speaker you decide on, as mine may of gotten wet or something... they just sound slightly distorted. Are you purchasing waterproof type of speakers, just in case that would ever happen?

I bought and was going to use two sets of alpine SPR-10TW's, however they sound worse than the bose 1.75 inch speakers that are factory. They are supposed to be 150 RMS but they distort even with the crossovers way before the factory bose speakers do. Very strange. I wonder if the Bose's have a crossover hidden somewhere, I doubt it, and I gutted the bose amp a long time ago. Looks like I am just going to Hijack the stock tweeter wiring and roll with the Bose's already in the seats and send em 45 watts each.

Kevin

6. Thanks 05 GRAND DADDY thanked for this post
    Looking for Tweeter Wiring Diagram 05 GRAND DADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron5 View Post
    I bought and was going to use two sets of alpine SPR-10TW's, however they sound worse than the bose 1.75 inch speakers that are factory. They are supposed to be 150 RMS but they distort even with the crossovers way before the factory bose speakers do. Very strange. I wonder if the Bose's have a crossover hidden somewhere, I doubt it, and I gutted the bose amp a long time ago. Looks like I am just going to Hijack the stock tweeter wiring and roll with the Bose's already in the seats and send em 45 watts each.

Kevin
    Oh well thanks for the response, Iím not sure whatís really up with mine either, anything played from a CD DVD, Bluetooth and XM Radio sounds decent... it only seems to be coming from the FM Radio. I sometimes thought it was poor reception, but even our 2 local strongest FM stations even causes this distortion sound... I donít get it!

WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!