Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Crimson Pearl (Red) XLR

Default how to search the forum? it isn't working out for me

I have read through some of the post/threads and came across one or two about 2004 xlr key fobs. well now my fob is giving me issues so i have gone to the search and the advanced search and when i type in fob it says there is nothing found for that keyword. surely there is, i have seen a few and if i was imagining that, i would think someone before me has had a question on this subject and it's been posted here somewhere. can you help me? how do i use the search bar? there are actually two places i have searched. one at the top right of the site and one in the forums. thank you in advance,

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 xlr White

the search form here does not always work for me either. I can type In my problem in google and then put the word "forum" in the line and It takes me right to the post I need almost 75% of the time.

3. Likes Lee Allen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Don't have one yet!

Try adding a star after the word which acts like a wild card:

fob*

Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator

Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    Torque About It
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information

5. Likes long Tall Sally, Lee Allen, pure zen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Crimson Pearl (Red) XLR

Talking Fob issue

This is the cheapest and quickest fix I've experienced since owning my 2004 XLR. I decided to replace the cr2032 battery in the fob before looking into any other options and voilà the “no key fob detected” issue went away!!
    $2.15 wowowowow!!!

7. Likes pure zen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Black Raven, Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Allen View Post
    I have read through some of the post/threads and came across one or two about 2004 xlr key fobs. well now my fob is giving me issues so i have gone to the search and the advanced search and when i type in fob it says there is nothing found for that keyword. surely there is, i have seen a few and if i was imagining that, i would think someone before me has had a question on this subject and it's been posted here somewhere. can you help me? how do i use the search bar? there are actually two places i have searched. one at the top right of the site and one in the forums. thank you in advance,
    Try searching RCDLR, that is the module that interfaces with your remote and locks and unlocks the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mods
    Corsa Exhaust
    Rear Sway Bar
    Eline Drilled and Slotted Rotors
    Infrared/Silver powder coated calipers
    Embroidered Trunk Lid Liner

9. Likes David_B liked this post