Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Black /Black 2005 XLR

Default Key fob 2005 xlr

Hi guys,

Im looking for a second key fob for my 2005 xlr...my keyfob is an original, and it has a key and it is a #1..the number is..M3N65981403

Ive heard that the newer looking key fob is compatible with my 2005..

Key fob 2005 xlr-key-fob-cadillac-jpgif it is compatible...Does anyone have an fccid#...or a part number that matches this keyfob design?..and when I find one..does it need to be a #2?..or does the newer keyfobs not matter if it is a 1 or 2..etc. also, how would I get a physical key that inserts into this keyfob? Do I give a keymaker/locksmith my existing key to make one that fits into the keyfob?

Thank you for taking the time to help out..

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Base Infrared

The numbers on the back mean nothing to the car, it's a way to differentiate one key from another, ie, wife's fob vs husband's fob. I don't think the newer fobs will work for 04 and 05 cars, seems I read that a couple of years ago. It wouldn't hurt to try if you get one fairly cheap. Most of the newer ones don't come with a key blank, you have to buy them separately, but that's not a big deal. I've seen key/fob combos on eBay every so often. The first key programmed to the car will be #1, second key #2, so on, regardless of the numbers on the back of the fobs.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Black /Black 2005 XLR

Thank you Rexster314..Ill stick with the original..
    any sources you know of ..besides ebay/amazon?