Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    i guess its my turn 2004 TOP PROBLEM
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 xlr silver and a xlr-platinum 2008

Default i guess its my turn 2004 TOP PROBLEM

same problem different day and car ! on my 2004 xlr top has been working great since we bought it ,one day the wife let my kids [22] drive it on a trip to the wine country napa ca , when it returned home now top only part ways work the first 3 stages work but when comes time for the last stage for small section to snap out of the trunk lid and fold down and then truck shut it just stops nothing happens? you can push button and release but it just dead, when you manually fold top back up then you push the button it works fine when it is closing back up again everything locks in place and secures just fine, i have tried some of your sugestions with reset windows but im out of ideals maybe someone has other sugestions ? i wouldnt think it is the pump since 3 of the stages work just fine ? thank you for any sugestions and help.
    Last edited by S BIC; 11-07-2019 at 03:26 AM. Reason: UPDATE

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Red XLR / 2007 XLR-V

Quote Originally Posted by S BIC View Post
    same problem different day and car ! on my 2004 xlr top has been working great since we bought it ,one day the wife let my kids [22] drive it on a trip to the wine country napa ca , when it returned home now top only part ways work the first 3 stages work but when comes time for the last stage for small section to snap out of the trunk lid and fold down and then truck shut it just stops nothing happens? you can push button and release but it just dead, when you manually fold top back up then you push the button it works fine when it is closing back up again everything locks in place and secures just fine, i have tried some of your sugestions with reset windows but im out of ideals maybe someone has other sugestions ? i wouldnt think it is the pump since 3 of the stages work just fine ? thank you for any sugestions and help.
    You may need a top relearn with a Tech 2 at your local GM store or you may know someone with a tech 2.
    John F.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!, i really appreciate that i was thinking about about buying one since i have this car and the corvet i will be needing that ,i just sold the 2004 tonight and i really would like to fix the top for the new buyer he is taking it to hawaii i will let you know how it turns out thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2009 XL Platinum

I fixed my problem with a new 640 CCA battery. Just for kicks you may want to hook another battery up to yours with jumper cables. Your problem is different than mine. A re learn is most likely your answer, but more current may do the trick.
    Good luck.
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

THANK you for the advice i will give that a try as well have a great weekend