Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Raven Black/Cashmere XLR

Question Adaptive cruise control issues--post-dead-battery

So, I'm not quite sure why my two-year-old battery died while my 2007 was in storage this winter (and, yes, I had it connected to a tender, and it apparently died six weeks beyond the warranty) but I did manage to get it home. On the way back, my adaptive cruise would occasionally (but not always) flash the red warning in the HUD as I approached the car ahead, even on relatively slow approaches. Other times, it would work fine, slowing down in line with the car ahead. Is some sort of recalibration required?

Adam

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

2. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

Quote Originally Posted by adambravo View Post
    So, I'm not quite sure why my two-year-old battery died while my 2007 was in storage this winter (and, yes, I had it connected to a tender, and it apparently died six weeks beyond the warranty) but I did manage to get it home. On the way back, my adaptive cruise would occasionally (but not always) flash the red warning in the HUD as I approached the car ahead, even on relatively slow approaches. Other times, it would work fine, slowing down in line with the car ahead. Is some sort of recalibration required?
    If youíre still using the same battery itís most likely causing your problems. Also your battery may just need a really good charge! Last year when I pulled Roxy out after winter season storage, I ran it to the garage for Pa State inspection and they tested the battery and it was good but very low, and it was on the tender too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Raven Black/Cashmere XLR

Thanks! I got home and discovered I could not start the car again; the battery appeared to be still dead. I had a friend come over with a high-powered charger; it got to 83%, at which point it started flashing BAD BAT. Ironically/unfortunately, I was six weeks past my two-year warranty, so I went to get a different brand with a three-year warranty, and it appears to be good to go.

5. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

Thatís cool! These cars are very finicky about good batteries I even had issues with the FOB after replacing the FOB battery and it turned up to be a bad main car battery went bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!