Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 XLR

Default Front Bumper Fascia Adjustment

I have a 2008 XLR that needs to have the front fascia slightly adjusted. Not having seen any discussion in our forum on the front bumper fascia, I need to adjust mine. In reviewing the shop manual I didn't find a specific section on removing or adjusting the fascia. Would there be anyone with the insight on how this is preformed correctly and efficiency? I'm sure I could start losing fasteners until I achieved my results but experience is king.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 black and black

Quote Originally Posted by 6444johnf View Post
    I have a 2008 XLR that needs to have the front fascia slightly adjusted. Not having seen any discussion in our forum on the front bumper fascia, I need to adjust mine. In reviewing the shop manual I didn't find a specific section on removing or adjusting the fascia. Would there be anyone with the insight on how this is preformed correctly and efficiency? I'm sure I could start losing fasteners until I achieved my results but experience is king.
    I have the same problem and talked with the body shop manager at a Cadillac dealer yesterday. He said he would be happy to take it off and see what is going on. His estimate was 3 to 4 hours minimum at shop rate.

I would also be interested if anyone else has had this problem and what would be required to fix it. Or if it needs to be fixed.

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Default send me a photo

I am installing a 09 on my 08 and the one that came off fit fine. I am a collision tech so there is not much adjustment at all on the cover. The fender and headlights can be adjusted. Not so much with the cover. Let me know what you want to accomplish and I will help you out.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 black and black

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytee View Post
    I am installing a 09 on my 08 and the one that came off fit fine. I am a collision tech so there is not much adjustment at all on the cover. The fender and headlights can be adjusted. Not so much with the cover. Let me know what you want to accomplish and I will help you out.

Thank you for the offer and I will post a picture when I figure out the architecture of the web site. All of the lines and margins around the car look good except the top horizontal line of the front bumper facia. The drivers side is good and the passengers side plastic is drooping. I just noticed this in the last couple of months and I have had the car for 3 years. It has not been wrecked or driven over a parking curb. It drives the same.

If I push down on the fascia on the passenger side it flexes quite a bit but eventually hits a very hard wide surface below that I perceive as a bumper. That action exacerbates the problem. On the drivers side it is a different feel and does not have as much downward flex and when bottoming it feels like a softer material and less wide. But I will try to get a picture in the next couple of days. Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by black xrlv; 09-21-2017 at 09:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 black and black

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytee View Post
    mickytee hopefully these pictures will give you and idea what is going on. Thanks in advance Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images Front Bumper Fascia Adjustment-img_0096-jpg Front Bumper Fascia Adjustment-img_0097-jpg Front Bumper Fascia Adjustment-img_0099-jpg Front Bumper Fascia Adjustment-img_0101-jpg Front Bumper Fascia Adjustment-img_0102-jpg Front Bumper Fascia Adjustment-img_0098-jpg 

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Default bumper alignment

The cover just sits on top of the Impact Styrofoam. no sure of any up and on adjustment. I think the fender would have to be adjusted down to the bumper instead of the bumper coming up. I will look and let you know

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same problem also. Canít wait to get it tightened up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk