Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: V Exhaust

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 XLRV Black Raven/Ebony

Default V Exhaust

Can somebody tell me if the V exhaust works the same way as Corvette's equipped with the "Dual-Mode" option?
    I bought an '09 Corvette thinking it would satisfy the V itch, but it didn't really work. Enjoyed the car, but passed it on and bought a V, which I pick up Friday. Just wondering how the exhaust works. It was possible to buy a remote controller for the Dual Mode function on the Corvette. Is this also an option for the V?
    Also, I saw a couple here using a Parrot interface device to add Bluetooth to the Infotainement system..is this the consensus favorite to update the system? Bluetooth a must...
    Thanks, Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 XLR/V, Arctic White, Cashmere interior

Default stuff

Hey,
    As far as I know the exhaust is the same. The actuators open at 3500 rpm for the straight through side of the muffler. I personally installed a "mild to wild" mechanism with remote. This will allow you to open the straight through side any time you want. Just get one for a C6 corvette. Took about a hot 15 minutes to install. I also installed QTP exhaust cutouts. These were installed before the mufflers. Allows me to adjust full open to full closed. I also removed the catalytic converters and have D3 long tube headers. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 XLRV Black Raven/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by scott8060 View Post
    Hey,
    As far as I know the exhaust is the same. The actuators open at 3500 rpm for the straight through side of the muffler. I personally installed a "mild to wild" mechanism with remote. This will allow you to open the straight through side any time you want. Just get one for a C6 corvette. Took about a hot 15 minutes to install. I also installed QTP exhaust cutouts. These were installed before the mufflers. Allows me to adjust full open to full closed. I also removed the catalytic converters and have D3 long tube headers. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for your clarification. I had an '09 Corvette with the dual exhaust mode feature, and really liked it. I never got around to buying a "mild to wild" gizmo, but it was on my "to do" list before I decided to sell the Corvette and buy an XLRV.
    I finally found the right car and picked it up yesterday. Two owners, 22K miles, Black Raven/Black. I could only find only one minor door ding, and the two front wheels will need some touch up because I guess brake dust was left on them or something...damaging the paint a little. Does anybody know the paint code for these wheels? Most use Argent Silver, but this is a different and more interesting color.
    I love the car.
    By the way, I bought it from a Cadillac dealer and was surprised when he offered me a six-year, 72K bumper-to-bumper warranty for $2300.00. Its a $100. deductible per visit... I usually don't bother with warranties, but this seems a "no-brainer"...I'll probably keep this car a long time, and it may come in handy. I will probably only put 1-2K miles per year as I have some other cars...
    Thank again, Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 XLR/V, Arctic White, Cashmere interior

Default question

Hey can you email me where you are getting the extended warrantee? I might just give them a call and see what they can do for me. Scott8060@gmail.com
    Regards,
    Schmidt

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Lt. Platinum & 2006 Lt. Platinum XLR-V

Default warranty

Sold my 06-V about 7 months ago, anyone with warranty should take advantage of Cadillac's 18 point inspection. I took mine in for exhaust hangers & was quoted almost 7K for needed items on dirty side of car, give them the list and warranty and let them do their thing. Great way to get stuff you don't think about that is in bad shape. To look at my vehicle from the top side it looked to be in perfect condition. The guy I sold it to was not pleased to say the least, luckily he signed a sale "As Is". He wanted to sue me & I reminded him of the As IS part of the sale contract. Let the buyer beware. Don't get me wrong I'm not proud of taking advantage of that contract but dealer would in a New York minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeinbcs View Post
    Thanks for your clarification. I had an '09 Corvette with the dual exhaust mode feature, and really liked it. I never got around to buying a "mild to wild" gizmo, but it was on my "to do" list before I decided to sell the Corvette and buy an XLRV.
    I finally found the right car and picked it up yesterday. Two owners, 22K miles, Black Raven/Black. I could only find only one minor door ding, and the two front wheels will need some touch up because I guess brake dust was left on them or something...damaging the paint a little. Does anybody know the paint code for these wheels? Most use Argent Silver, but this is a different and more interesting color.
    I love the car.
    By the way, I bought it from a Cadillac dealer and was surprised when he offered me a six-year, 72K bumper-to-bumper warranty for $2300.00. Its a $100. deductible per visit... I usually don't bother with warranties, but this seems a "no-brainer"...I'll probably keep this car a long time, and it may come in handy. I will probably only put 1-2K miles per year as I have some other cars...
    Thank again, Joe
    DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT
    Standby( Ichiban BB)

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I dont understand

Quote Originally Posted by standby-V View Post
    Sold my 06-V about 7 months ago, anyone with warranty should take advantage of Cadillac's 18 point inspection. I took mine in for exhaust hangers & was quoted almost 7K for needed items on dirty side of car, give them the list and warranty and let them do their thing. Great way to get stuff you don't think about that is in bad shape. To look at my vehicle from the top side it looked to be in perfect condition. The guy I sold it to was not pleased to say the least, luckily he signed a sale "As Is". He wanted to sue me & I reminded him of the As IS part of the sale contract. Let the buyer beware. Don't get me wrong I'm not proud of taking advantage of that contract but dealer would in a New York minute.
    So I am missing something in your report. You took it in for exhaust hangers but the dealer said you needed 7$ worth of other repair? You gave them the warranty so did they not do the work? If they did 7K worth of warranty work why would your buyer feel bad? If you sold it knowing your dealer said you needed all this work done then why would the buyer Not be mad ?. selling something you know has problems but don't disclose in my state will void any type of "as is" contract.

I don't quite get your post sorry

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 XLR-V SILVER

Default Stuck Dual Mode V / Vette exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by Joeinbcs View Post
    Can somebody tell me if the V exhaust works the same way as Corvette's equipped with the "Dual-Mode" option?
    I bought an '09 Corvette thinking it would satisfy the V itch, but it didn't really work. Enjoyed the car, but passed it on and bought a V, which I pick up Friday. Just wondering how the exhaust works. It was possible to buy a remote controller for the Dual Mode function on the Corvette. Is this also an option for the V?
    Also, I saw a couple here using a Parrot interface device to add Bluetooth to the Infotainement system..is this the consensus favorite to update the system? Bluetooth a must...
    Thanks, Joe
    Anything new on the Dual mode exhaust info? Mine are closed and do not open at 3500. I'm wondering where to start to test them...Is it electric / fuse or suction or a common fault others have experienced. Where to start. The diaphragms seem fine as do the vacuum hoses.