Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: V Exhaust

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 XLRV Black Raven/Ebony

Default V Exhaust

Can somebody tell me if the V exhaust works the same way as Corvette's equipped with the "Dual-Mode" option?
    I bought an '09 Corvette thinking it would satisfy the V itch, but it didn't really work. Enjoyed the car, but passed it on and bought a V, which I pick up Friday. Just wondering how the exhaust works. It was possible to buy a remote controller for the Dual Mode function on the Corvette. Is this also an option for the V?
    Also, I saw a couple here using a Parrot interface device to add Bluetooth to the Infotainement system..is this the consensus favorite to update the system? Bluetooth a must...
    Thanks, Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 XLR/V, Arctic White, Cashmere interior

Default stuff

Hey,
    As far as I know the exhaust is the same. The actuators open at 3500 rpm for the straight through side of the muffler. I personally installed a "mild to wild" mechanism with remote. This will allow you to open the straight through side any time you want. Just get one for a C6 corvette. Took about a hot 15 minutes to install. I also installed QTP exhaust cutouts. These were installed before the mufflers. Allows me to adjust full open to full closed. I also removed the catalytic converters and have D3 long tube headers. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 XLRV Black Raven/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by scott8060 View Post
    Hey,
    As far as I know the exhaust is the same. The actuators open at 3500 rpm for the straight through side of the muffler. I personally installed a "mild to wild" mechanism with remote. This will allow you to open the straight through side any time you want. Just get one for a C6 corvette. Took about a hot 15 minutes to install. I also installed QTP exhaust cutouts. These were installed before the mufflers. Allows me to adjust full open to full closed. I also removed the catalytic converters and have D3 long tube headers. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for your clarification. I had an '09 Corvette with the dual exhaust mode feature, and really liked it. I never got around to buying a "mild to wild" gizmo, but it was on my "to do" list before I decided to sell the Corvette and buy an XLRV.
    I finally found the right car and picked it up yesterday. Two owners, 22K miles, Black Raven/Black. I could only find only one minor door ding, and the two front wheels will need some touch up because I guess brake dust was left on them or something...damaging the paint a little. Does anybody know the paint code for these wheels? Most use Argent Silver, but this is a different and more interesting color.
    I love the car.
    By the way, I bought it from a Cadillac dealer and was surprised when he offered me a six-year, 72K bumper-to-bumper warranty for $2300.00. Its a $100. deductible per visit... I usually don't bother with warranties, but this seems a "no-brainer"...I'll probably keep this car a long time, and it may come in handy. I will probably only put 1-2K miles per year as I have some other cars...
    Thank again, Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 XLR/V, Arctic White, Cashmere interior

Default question

Hey can you email me where you are getting the extended warrantee? I might just give them a call and see what they can do for me. Scott8060@gmail.com
    Regards,
    Schmidt