Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Air Bag light.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 Crystal Red XLR-V

Default Air Bag light.

Due to the fact the the state of Wis. deemed my title "Branded" stupid clerical error that's not correctable. ????? Because of this clerical error - GM will not honor the recall of the illuminated air-bag light that remains on , on the dash.

Can anyone help me with the recall bulletin number and what is involved ?

Thanks Rayzor

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Default unknown recall

do you have a recall number? I spoke with my dealer that said even if you have a salvage title the recall has to be performed unless it was damaged due to the wreck or flood or whatever deemed it salvage.. I have had several wrecked Hondas replace the seat belts that had a recall even though they had been wrecked and repaired . As long as the airbag did not blow or was replaced.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 Crystal Red XLR-V

Default air bag light

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytee View Post
    do you have a recall number? I spoke with my dealer that said even if you have a salvage title the recall has to be performed unless it was damaged due to the wreck or flood or whatever deemed it salvage.. I have had several wrecked Hondas replace the seat belts that had a recall even though they had been wrecked and repaired . As long as the airbag did not blow or was replaced.
    mickeytee, sorry to say - no - I don't have the number. Rayzor

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

ok. I could not find a recall as such. Maybe some others have had the same issue.
    Just found this one. It does not say it applies to V but I would look and see if this is your problem. I don't think the dealer can refuse to repair this even with a salvage title. Interesting,,, I will have to do some research

2004 - 2009 Cadillac XLR XLR-V: Recall Notice: #15643: Special Coverage Adjustment - Airbag Light On
    Last edited by mickeytee; 01-29-2018 at 06:43 PM.