Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 XLR-V SILVER

Default Front emblem on mesh grill - replacment

The front wreath and badge are faded and worn on my v. Looking at the backside the best I could without too much disassembly, I could not tell how that thing is attached? Any suggestions? Can it be done from the front side or both back and front?

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Black XLR-V

Quote Originally Posted by XLR-V4ME View Post
    The front wreath and badge are faded and worn on my v. Looking at the backside the best I could without too much disassembly, I could not tell how that thing is attached? Any suggestions? Can it be done from the front side or both back and front?
    Itís just stuck on with double sided tape. Carefully pry it off. New one comes with tape already on back.

3. Thanks Mark0polo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did mine last year. As I recall they both came off with a heat gun. Just glued. Getting all the glue off was fun but not a big deal. Still there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Front emblem on mesh grill - replacment 05 GRAND DADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

Quote Originally Posted by XLR-V4ME View Post
    Goo B Gone is good stuff for sticky glue removal, itís pretty safe with paint too, but watch your use with with Goof Off, I screw up a wooden desk top finish with Goof Off trying to remove vinyl letter glue!

Sent from Grand Daddy iPhone using Tapatalk
    WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!

6. Likes Mark0polo liked this post