Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Window stickers

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Lk. Zurich, Illinois
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2006 Black XLR-V

    Default Window stickers

    Is there a way to get a copy of the original window sticker for our XLRís?

    i recently bought a 2006 XLR-V and would like to have a copy.

    my only issue so far was the mild/wild wasnít working. The dealer put a new solenoid and a new electronic controller. I asked for the old parts and discovered the solenoid was not bad. Today it seems they just replace parts until they find the bad one. Thatís expensive for us. Iím sure they wonít take the old one back. I had a Chevy Dealer do the work. I assume a Cadillac dealer would have cost me more.

    Im enjoying the car. I was having sellers remorse from selling my Z-06 Corvette.

  2. #2
    Window stickers rexster314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    West Columbia, Texas
    Posts
    1,147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2006 Base Infrared

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bowser View Post
    Is there a way to get a copy of the original window sticker for our XLRís?

    i recently bought a 2006 XLR-V and would like to have a copy.

    my only issue so far was the mild/wild wasnít working. The dealer put a new solenoid and a new electronic controller. I asked for the old parts and discovered the solenoid was not bad. Today it seems they just replace parts until they find the bad one. Thatís expensive for us. Iím sure they wonít take the old one back. I had a Chevy Dealer do the work. I assume a Cadillac dealer would have cost me more.

    Im enjoying the car. I was having sellers remorse from selling my Z-06 Corvette.
    If anyone has it National Corvette Museum can make a copy of it and possibly the build sheet for it

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Rising Sun Maryland
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2006 Blue Steel XLR

    Default Build sheet/window sticker

    If you're lucky you can purchase both of these items from the National Corvette Museum. They are I believe $45 each plus you can have them laminated for an additional $5 each. Just send your VIN to them and they can tell you if the are available or not. Unfortunately for me they didn't have mine. Hope you have better luck.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There are two places you may be able to obtain a window sticker from:
    1) Check the XLR Registry. Mine was linked to my VIN. All 2006 XLR's are registered. I am not sure about other model years.
    2) Check with the Corvette Musuem in Bowling Green, KY. I have been told that they have XLR information.

    Hope this helps.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Rising Sun Maryland
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2006 Blue Steel XLR

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyTeagle View Post
    There are two places you may be able to obtain a window sticker from:
    1) Check the XLR Registry. Mine was linked to my VIN. All 2006 XLR's are registered. I am not sure about other model years.
    2) Check with the Corvette Musuem in Bowling Green, KY. I have been told that they have XLR information.

    Hope this helps.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    I believe that the window stickers that are listed in the XLR registry on this site are just examples. I contacted betty@corvettemuseum.org and she told me that they didn't have the build sheet for my car therefore they couldn't provide the window sticker

  6. #6
    Pit Crew
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You can go to any GM dealer and they can print you out the build sheet and the GM service history, which I highly recommend doing for any GM product you own. You will have to talk to service or parts, the salesmen will not have access to these things. As for a copy of the window sticker, you could ask them about that.

  7. #7
    Member indyraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2006 Silver XLR/v

    Default Mild to wild solenoid...

    Hello, can you tell me more about the solenoid, do you recall the part number? My car's M to W caused my exhaust flaps to stay in the spring loaded open position, the vacuum is now not pulling them closed. Any info would be appreciated, part number, valve location, other things you know about this - Thanks - Stan in Indy

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bowser View Post
    Is there a way to get a copy of the original window sticker for our XLRís?
    i recently bought a 2006 XLR-V and would like to have a copy.
    my only issue so far was the mild/wild wasnít working. The dealer put a new solenoid and a new electronic controller. I asked for the old parts and discovered the solenoid was not bad. Today it seems they just replace parts until they find the bad one. Thatís expensive for us. Iím sure they wonít take the old one back. I had a Chevy Dealer do the work. I assume a Cadillac dealer would have cost me more.

    Im enjoying the car. I was having sellers remorse from selling my Z-06 Corvette.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Rising Sun Maryland
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2006 Blue Steel XLR

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeardBros View Post
    You can go to any GM dealer and they can print you out the build sheet and the GM service history, which I highly recommend doing for any GM product you own. You will have to talk to service or parts, the salesmen will not have access to these things. As for a copy of the window sticker, you could ask them about that.
    Thanks for the info. I'm surprised that I haven't heard anyone else mention this. Maybe I just missed it. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I'll let you know how it goes.

  9. Likes Mark0polo liked this post
  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2006 XLRV

    Default Window sticker - build sheet

    I just bought the original window sticker AND build sheet for my VIN XLR V, below is the associated email:

    "Yes, we do have the build sheet for your XLR. April 1, there was an increase in the price of the build sheet and window sticker. The build sheet + shipping/handling is $67 (lamination $5 additional) and if you want both the build sheet and the window sticker it will be $117 (shipping/handling included) and if you want both laminated that would be an additional $10.

    You can give either me or Sharon a call at 800-538-3883, ext. 141 or 157 and we will be glad to take your order over the phone.

    Thank you for your inquiry and your support of the National Corvette Museum."

    Betty Hardison
    Library & Archives Coordinator
    270-781-7973, ext. 141
    Direct: 270-467-8841
    Fax: 270-467-8806

    www.corvettemuseum.org

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bowser View Post
    Is there a way to get a copy of the original window sticker for our XLRís?

    i recently bought a 2006 XLR-V and would like to have a copy.

    my only issue so far was the mild/wild wasnít working. The dealer put a new solenoid and a new electronic controller. I asked for the old parts and discovered the solenoid was not bad. Today it seems they just replace parts until they find the bad one. Thatís expensive for us. Iím sure they wonít take the old one back. I had a Chevy Dealer do the work. I assume a Cadillac dealer would have cost me more.

    Im enjoying the car. I was having sellers remorse from selling my Z-06 Corvette.

  11. Thanks Mark0polo thanked for this post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Cadillac, XLR and XLR-V are registered trademark of the General Motors Corporation & Cadillac Motor Division.  Neither Cadillac Motor Division nor any subsidiaries of GM© shall bear any responsibility for XLR-Net.com content, comments, or advertising. XLR-Net.com is independent from GM© and is not affiliated with, sponsored or supported by GM©.  Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended, or implied.  All Rights Reserved