Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Black XLR-V

Default Replacement Chrome OEM wheels for 2006 XLR-V

I'd like to replace the original 19 inch OEM wheels on my 2006 XLR-V. I'd like to get chrome wheels like my wife has on her 2007 XLR, which has 18 inch wheels. Do you know if Cadillac made chrome wheels for the V?

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

'16 Z06, "06 XLR-V Infra Red-Sold, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader

No they never did offer chrome wheels, but you used to be able to do an exchange program with LA Wheel and Tire. Checking with them recently, they did not have any in stock. You may be able to send yours in and have them done though. There is also Detroit wheel that offered the same service. Last check, they didn't have any either. You can google both and get phone numbers and check with them both.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyUSA View Post
    I'd like to replace the original 19 inch OEM wheels on my 2006 XLR-V. I'd like to get chrome wheels like my wife has on her 2007 XLR, which has 18 inch wheels. Do you know if Cadillac made chrome wheels for the V?

Cubby558

"If you want to blend in, Ride the Bus"

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Sable Black XLR/V

Default Replacement Chrome OEM wheels for 2006 XLR-V

They made chrome wheels for the XLR-V from 2007-09, but they werenít offered for 2006.

I used LA Chrome Exchange in Commerce CA to trade our my OEM painted wheels with chromed wheels on my Ď06 V. I even purchased an extra wheel so I have a spare ready to go in my garage.

One advantage of living down here was I didnít have to play the shipping game and was able to get it all done in one afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rule62; 08-22-2018 at 07:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

I stand corrected, but researching this showed they were only offered in 2008 and 2009 at a $1200.00 price tag. You could do the swap with L.A. Wheel for about $850.00 when I did it back in 2008 for my 2006 V. With the low volume of V's, I'm sure Cadillac sent them out to be chromed, as the vendor probably wanted a commitment for so many sets to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Rule62 View Post
    They made chrome wheels for the XLR-V from 2007-09, but they werenít offered for 2006.

I used LA Chrome Exchange in Commerce CA to trade our my OEM painted wheels with chromed wheels on my Ď06 V. I even purchased an extra wheel so I have a spare ready to go in my garage.

One advantage of living down here was I didnít have to play the shipping game and was able to get it all done in one afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cubby558

5. Likes mickeytee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2009 XLR-V Crystal Red with Ebony / Cashmere 1 of 6

Years ago before I bought my V, I bought a set of painted wheels and had them chromed. As far as I could tell they turned out pretty good. If yours are pitted, you might want to get a better set if possible. Not sure what the area you live in does to wheels, but I've heard a lot of places won't chrome if the wheel is corroded at the bead.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 XLR/V, Arctic White, Cashmere interior

Default chrome wheels

Hey,
    I have purchased both a set of chrome and black chrome wheel from LA wheels. Both good quality but are not as hard a chrome as the stockers. My chrome wheels have started to develop hazing on the leading edges from road grim impacts. This in the first summer of ownership. But no too bad just I am a bit anal on the wheel stuff. To save further issues I had them ceramic coated which should help.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Silver XLR/v

Default 19" Chrome OEM XLR/V Wheels

To the best of my knowledge (and prior owner) my '06 XLR/V was purchased new with the Chrome 19" wheels, guess I need to see if I can order and original build sheet/window sticker from GM.Replacement Chrome OEM wheels for 2006 XLR-V-chrome-wheels-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cubby558 View Post
    No they never did offer chrome wheels, but you used to be able to do an exchange program with LA Wheel and Tire. Checking with them recently, they did not have any in stock. You may be able to send yours in and have them done though. There is also Detroit wheel that offered the same service. Last check, they didn't have any either. You can google both and get phone numbers and check with them both.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

I will guarantee your 2006 V did not come with chrome wheels. They were not offered; even as an option. They were only offered as an option in 2008 and 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by indyraz View Post
    To the best of my knowledge (and prior owner) my '06 XLR/V was purchased new with the Chrome 19" wheels, guess I need to see if I can order and original build sheet/window sticker from GM.Replacement Chrome OEM wheels for 2006 XLR-V-chrome-wheels-jpg

Cubby558

10. Likes Rule62 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 XLR-V RII'07 RIII'08 SA'09 CO'10 NCSC'11 PA'12 BG'13 MT'14 VBOBX'15

Quote Originally Posted by cubby558 View Post
    I will guarantee your 2006 V did not come with chrome wheels. They were not offered; even as an option. They were only offered as an option in 2008 and 2009.
    YEA!! When I ordered my 07 V, I couldn't get chrome wheels!