Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 XLR V InfraRed/Shale 18.5K mi 11/28/14

How many miles?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks still in the market for one but will have to wait until 1-1-2020 when I put my Roadrunner up for sale then on advice from our financial advisor......no capital gains taxes after 1-1-2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
    Still Looking I have 2007 V Black on black under 26k dmyers360@msn.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2009 XLR-V Red/Cashmere

Quote Originally Posted by soundhd View Post
    Yep, I sent them a reply..........does sound too good to be true.....that one would need a very close look at.... (professionally......at a Cadillac dealer with a tech that has worked on XLR'V's before)).....but at that price have to try.....LOL
    I saw a couple scams on cars.com, and autotrader.com in the year that I looked for mine...The ones that seemed to good to be true...were just that... The email address name didn't match up with the name in the email, and it was always a story about someone died, and I just want the next owner to be as happy as my poor deceased wife (or husband) was with this car.. Each time, what made them go away, was asking for a copy of the title, told them to block out any info that thought was personal, etc. And each time they never responded..... and for god's sake, NEVER send money to an individual without driving away with the vehicle AND the title.

Post Thanks / Like

04, black 61000 miles, great shape 16,000 contact rodio8@msn.com

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Hof just curious I don't post often but you might have remembered my name that's neither here nor there but what do you think a 2006 V with 8,300 miles is worth silver over blk. as new . since you seem to watch prices more then myself appreciate any help before I put it up for auction/ sale owned for 6 years in the registry I'm on the site for a few years and I have paper in hand I've owned it I paid cash for it I am the second owner just curious thanks for your help.jerz
    Quote Originally Posted by HOF XLR-V View Post
    I saw a couple scams on cars.com, and autotrader.com in the year that I looked for mine...The ones that seemed to good to be true...were just that... The email address name didn't match up with the name in the email, and it was always a story about someone died, and I just want the next owner to be as happy as my poor deceased wife (or husband) was with this car.. Each time, what made them go away, was asking for a copy of the title, told them to block out any info that thought was personal, etc. And each time they never responded..... and for god's sake, NEVER send money to an individual without driving away with the vehicle AND the title.
    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2009 XLR-V Red/Cashmere

Quote Originally Posted by jerz View Post
    Hey Hof just curious I don't post often but you might have remembered my name that's neither here nor there but what do you think a 2006 V with 8,300 miles is worth silver over blk. as new . since you seem to watch prices more then myself appreciate any help before I put it up for auction/ sale owned for 6 years in the registry I'm on the site for a few years and I have paper in hand I've owned it I paid cash for it I am the second owner just curious thanks for your help.jerz

Jerz, I can tell you this, with those low miles, it is really hard to come up with a price, because those miles are SO rare. The closest thing I have found is that one sold on Manheim (wholesale auction) in March of 2019, It was Black and had 11,537 miles, and it sold for $39,250! If that was bought by a dealer to resell, I would guess they will list it in the $44,000-$47,000 range. Although they might have bought it for themselves or a friend. I have seen the best prices at auction on XLR's come from Barrett-Jackson, but then you will pay listing fee's, commission, etc. I think these are going to continue to go up in price, with the V's far outpacing the regular XLR's, purely because of the rarity of them, and the obvious upgrades. I would list it on Cars.com, Autotrader.com, and Hemmings.com, and would probably list it in the low $40's and see what kind of action you get. I really wouldn't be anxious to sell for a lot less than that, unless you need to. With that low of miles, you have a rare car that someone will pay a hefty premium for, in my opinion. The question is , how long you want to wait for the "right" buyer?
    Last edited by HOF XLR-V; 04-11-2019 at 11:14 PM.

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Hof thank you so much I sent you a message I'm not sure you got it just thanking you for all your help and your post between you and pure Zen which basically told me the same thing I will pause I have no need to sell it but testing the waters in case it came to that I own three other vehicles thank you so much for your time and your reply..jerz

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2009 XLR-V Red/Cashmere

Quote Originally Posted by jerz View Post
    Hof thank you so much I sent you a message I'm not sure you got it just thanking you for all your help and your post between you and pure Zen which basically told me the same thing I will pause I have no need to sell it but testing the waters in case it came to that I own three other vehicles thank you so much for your time and your reply..jerz

No problem....good luck if you decide to sell

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I appreciate that I think I'm good for now