Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Crimson Pearl XLR

GM News New XTS,,,, Consumer Reports and J.D. Power say Avoid,,,,

15 New Cars To Avoid | Forbes

I was thinking of a possible purchase in the near future,,,now having second thoughts.

Sorry to report that CR and Power aren't too high on the XTS model.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 XLR base

Quote Originally Posted by pure zen View Post

I was thinking of a possible purchase in the near future,,,now having second thoughts.

I bought a new 2013 XTS - kept it 6 mos and traded on another F150 - much happier. The Ford dealer where I trade wound up wholesaling the XTS - couldn't sell it. That's my experience and don't know what may be different in the later models. I know of others who have the XTS and love it. It's all personal taste. Notice they also downed the Jeep Wranglers - - had one of those last year also - really liked it for what it was designed for but it's not for everyday driving in my book. I kinda take these type "reports" with a grain of salt. Don't base your buying decision on them though.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

'16 Z06, "06 XLR-V Infra Red-Sold, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader

I have the same view of these articles as you, Phil. They list the 7-Series BMW as the #1 car to avoid; yet that is who everyone is chasing along with MB to be the best in the world. Most of this is just some journalists option. If they weren't given the opportunity to drive these cars, how many journalists could actually afford some of these cars!

Cubby558

"If you want to blend in, Ride the Bus"

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 XLR base

Quote Originally Posted by cubby558 View Post
    I have the same view of these articles as you, Phil. They list the 7-Series BMW as the #1 car to avoid; yet that is who everyone is chasing along with MB to be the best in the world. Most of this is just some journalists option. If they weren't given the opportunity to drive these cars, how many journalists could actually afford some of these cars!

yep, be interesting if they would note in these articles what vehicle they drive daily!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Crimson Pearl XLR
    I would doubt that the Consumer Reports opinion is that of just one person, but instead a study of initial owner complaints, warranty claims, NADA value reports, auction reports, etc etc

JD Power opinion, I know nothing about. Articles written by one person who evaluates cars, I don't take too serious.

If you are happy with the car, that is all that counts.

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2013 Graphite Metallic XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by pure zen View Post

Re-consider your decision and take an XTS out for a test drive; they're terrific cars. I've had mine for six months and love it. A CPO, three-year-old Platinum can be had for a great price, with plenty of bumper-to-bumper warranty remaining. The standard and Luxury models are poorly-equipped when compared to the Premium and Platinum trim levels, so I wouldn't even go there.

Consumer Reports cites its a poor value compared to a Chevy? The Chevy isn't in the same league. The Driver Awareness Package is one of the best features of the vehicle. Super-soft, semi-aniline, full-leather seats, fourteen-speaker Bose sound system, great styling, interior ambient lighting, CUE, HUD. . . need I go on? Sorry CR, Chevy doesn't measure up as a luxury car. Buicks are nice, but I'm not a fan of the styling.

And poor re-sale value? ALL Cadillacs suffer from poor re-sale values. I didn't buy mine as an investment.

A test drive convinced me I was looking at the right car. Six months of ownership reaffirms my decision.

CCC