Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

headlights

mickeytee

Seasoned Member
I have excellent headlighte 06-09 insurance quality either side 3200 shipped plus I offer a core for your old ones . i also have headlights of lower quality for less but these Insurance quality means you cannot see any defects in them .

They all melt. The bulbs are to close to the lens. Unless you convert to led bulbs the new ones i make Will also melt over time. People either learn to turn off the lights or covert to the led bulbs. 04-05 had a bad bulb holder that would heat up and melt the headlight housing also .that was fixed in 06 if your dealer is unaware hes never worked on the cars. Gm replaced so many under warranty that there are no new ones left to buy

Ive been working on headlights for 5 years. There is a crook that has a new one for 4500.in NC 3000 will get you a nice one . i have good ones that i swap out sometimes and depending on how bad the lights are as to how much. I have a couplevof almost perfect for 3000 each and of course less with a core sent back. 06 are bad in that the outer lens come unglued and fly off. I try to stick with 07-09 04-05 will not work on 06-09 cars. 06-09 can be made to work on 04-05 cars but due to the cost peoplebusually just buy the cheaper 04-05 for their04-05 cars. Look at a photo and the gray plactic boxbonbthe back of the light needs the wiring to go in the middle of the box. Ifbit goesvin the side its an 04-05 light. Call me if you have any questions . evenings 865-233-3553 no one makes an outer lens. I am the only one making the inner and any lights to be had in the US are most likely on ebay or i know about them.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom