Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

'16 Z06, "06 XLR-V Infra Red-Sold, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader

Default Mary Kay XLR's

The Mary Kay cars were all leases and the contract with Cadillac stated at the end of the lease the cars had to be returned and sent to be repainted back to the original color. From what I understand, the cost to repaint was Mary Kay's responsibility, but after the demise of the XLR, Cadillac didn't push the issue. Many of the later leased vehicle were offered to the current drivers to buy or they went back to the dealer and were supposed to be repainted. Since there were so few, I don't think either Cadillac or Mary Kay have pushed the issue. Only Mary Kay's top sales people received the XLR's; lower down the sales ranks they would received the SRX to drive; in pink of course. I have a customer whos wife had a pink XLR and took the buyout when they offered it to her. It's still pink and she rarely drives it. I see it maybe 2-3 times a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rule62 View Post
    As I understand it, the Mary Kay program cars were all leased so when returned at the end of the term they are restored to the original color of Light Platinum. That way no “Mary Kay Pink” cars are supposed to fall into “civilian” hands.

I’m sure that some cars are sold before the repaint, or perhaps repainting the XLR was so cost prohibitive that it was decided to just sell the returned units as is.

In any case, you have a pretty rare car on your hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by rexster314 View Post
    I think they were on a 2 year lease, to be turned back into the dealer, then resprayed back to original color. Obviously some dealers didn't do that
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    That's correct. I believe the Mary Kay cars were only built between 2007 - 2009. They were all originally painted either Light Platinum or Radiant Silver at the Bowling Green Assembly Plant. The interiors were either Cashmere or Ebony.

If there is information in the Registry that is incorrect, please let me know.

If you have your window sticker and it's not in the Registry with your listing, please send me a photo of it so I can include it in your listing. It also helps verify that the information in the Registry is accurate.

Cubby558

"If you want to blend in, Ride the Bus"

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Red XLR / 2007 XLR-V

I spend most of my winter in Palm Desert CA. and the other day a Mary Kay XLR was at the lights across from me. The car looked really sharp and would be a conversation piece for sure. Have fun.
    John F.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Gold Mist XLR & 79' Eldorado Convert

Default Welcome to the XLR Site

Congratulations. I must say I have never seen a Pink XLR. Very unusual. Post some pictures when you can.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Pink XLR

Quote Originally Posted by kat View Post
    Hello ladies and gents!

My name is Kat. I've been a forum member since 2016, but, as an XLR lover only...never as an owner. At least until today! Today, my husband bought me my dream car! I'm the proud new owner of a 2007 Pink XLR! She will be delivered by the weekend and I'm SO excited! I can't wait to take her out.
    Replying with pics! Not sure they do the "opalescent" quality of the paint justice, but, here's my newest love! And OMG is she fun to drive...lol...just WoW!

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

I own my Dream Car. What ELSE could a girl ask for? Ahem...how about plenty of gas, plenty of time and a straight stretch of road as smooth as a baby's butt so I can drive her the way she deserves!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Pink XLR

Quote Originally Posted by kat View Post
    Replying with pics! Not sure they do the "opalescent" quality of the paint justice, but, here's my newest love! And OMG is she fun to drive...lol...just WoW!

When the light catches just right sje can look white, platinum with emerald undertones, or straight up powder pink. I'm in love with this PAINT...lol

I own my Dream Car. What ELSE could a girl ask for? Ahem...how about plenty of gas, plenty of time and a straight stretch of road as smooth as a baby's butt so I can drive her the way she deserves!