Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Pink XLR

Default Hello from Houston

Hello ladies and gents!

My name is Kat. I've been a forum member since 2016, but, as an XLR lover only...never as an owner. At least until today! Today, my husband bought me my dream car! I'm the proud new owner of a 2007 Pink XLR! She will be delivered by the weekend and I'm SO excited! I can't wait to take her out.

2. Likes Rule62 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Sable Black XLR/V

Welcome aboard Kat! Congratulations on acquiring an XLR. What an amazing gift to get!!

Is it a former Mary K car, or was it custom painted for the previous owner? Either way I’m sure you’ll stand out in it.

Have fun!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Pink XLR

Quote Originally Posted by Rule62 View Post
    Welcome aboard Kat! Congratulations on acquiring an XLR. What an amazing gift to get!!

Is it a former Mary K car, or was it custom painted for the previous owner? Either way I’m sure you’ll stand out in it.

Have fun!!!

Thank you so much! 24 years tomorrow! I'm not sure if it was a Mary Kay car or not. My guess would be "yes", though. I've seen enough of them to know that powder pink. And I'm certain she'll stand out...hahaha...not a whole lot of pink XLRs running around Houston.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

I own my Dream Car. What ELSE could a girl ask for? Ahem...how about plenty of gas, plenty of time and a straight stretch of road as smooth as a baby's butt so I can drive her the way she deserves!

5. Likes Rule62 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Sable Black XLR/V

Boy that is the truth. I was reading in another thread about how they actually painted the Mary Kay cars silver at the Bowling Green plant and shipped them to Michigan (Presumably Hamtramck) to disassemble them and apply the Mary K Pink. Not sure why they would go to all that trouble, but then again who knows why GM does anything.

How exciting. Post some pictures when you get a chance. Hello from HoustonHello from HoustonHello from Houston

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Base Infrared

I seem to remember a conversation about those Mary K cars. They were on a lease for a certain period of time, turned back in, then they were repainted. To have an actual Mary K car would be a conversation starter

8. Likes Rule62 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Don't have one yet!

Congrats and welcome to the XLR Net!

Be sure to check out the XLR Registry.

-Rob

Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator

Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Pink XLR

Quote Originally Posted by Rule62 View Post
    Boy that is the truth. I was reading in another thread about how they actually painted the Mary Kay cars silver at the Bowling Green plant and shipped them to Michigan (Presumably Hamtramck) to disassemble them and apply the Mary K Pink. Not sure why they would go to all that trouble, but then again who knows why GM does anything.

How exciting. Post some pictures when you get a chance. Hello from HoustonHello from HoustonHello from Houston

I searched through the registry and found my car. It WAS originally for the Mary Kay fleet. It was originally painted Light Platinum before being sent for repainting the pink I'm so in love with...hahaha. Odd thing, though...on the current window sticker, it has the interior listed as Cashmere. I'm thinking someone was more than just a bit color blind.....the interior is clearly Ebony.
    The link to registry: 2007 Cadillac XLR - Mary Kay Edition - 1G6YV36A475601210 - Cadillac XLR Registry

I own my Dream Car. What ELSE could a girl ask for? Ahem...how about plenty of gas, plenty of time and a straight stretch of road as smooth as a baby's butt so I can drive her the way she deserves!

Post Thanks / Like

Kat,

The registry sticker shows ebony. Are you talking about the sticker that was on your recent purchase that shows cashmere?
    Also, the registry shows light platinum as ext. color.

ras

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Pink XLR

Quote Originally Posted by ras View Post
    Kat,

The registry sticker shows ebony. Are you talking about the sticker that was on your recent purchase that shows cashmere?
    Also, the registry shows light platinum as ext. color.

ras

Yes, ras. The sticker from the recent purchase is what shows Cashmere. Totally contradicts the original. Also, I believe all of the Mary Kay fleet cars were originally painted Light Platinum and then sent off to be painted the infamous pink somewhere else. Not sure where or why...but, would love to know more about that. I wonder if the higher ups at Mary Kay Corporate offices would know the story and be willing to share.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Sable Black XLR/V

Default Hello from Houston

Quote Originally Posted by kat View Post
    Yes, ras. The sticker from the recent purchase is what shows Cashmere. Totally contradicts the original. Also, I believe all of the Mary Kay fleet cars were originally painted Light Platinum and then sent off to be painted the infamous pink somewhere else. Not sure where or why...but, would love to know more about that. I wonder if the higher ups at Mary Kay Corporate offices would know the story and be willing to share.

As I understand it, the Mary Kay program cars were all leased so when returned at the end of the term they are restored to the original color of Light Platinum. That way no “Mary Kay Pink” cars are supposed to fall into “civilian” hands.

I’m sure that some cars are sold before the repaint, or perhaps repainting the XLR was so cost prohibitive that it was decided to just sell the returned units as is.

In any case, you have a pretty rare car on your hands.

14. Likes kat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Base Infrared

I think they were on a 2 year lease, to be turned back into the dealer, then resprayed back to original color. Obviously some dealers didn't do that

Post Thanks / Like

Please post some pics of your baby when you can.
    Like Rule62 said, you have a rare ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Rexster,

I bet that Cyclo Polisher you have, working into that pink paint the “Zaino Package” would make that Pink POP....
    BTW....I recently tried the Z-6. Then the Z-PC, immediately followed by Z-8 while still curing, followed by thorough wipe-down. Boy, did it make a difference in both slickness and shine depth.
    I’ll always take those steps, especially after a complete cleaning of her.
    Thanks for that tip a few weeks back.
    ras

Post Thanks / Like

Correction: Z-C.S., instead of Z-PC....my bad

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Don't have one yet!

Quote Originally Posted by kat View Post

That's correct. I believe the Mary Kay cars were only built between 2007 - 2009. They were all originally painted either Light Platinum or Radiant Silver at the Bowling Green Assembly Plant. The interiors were either Cashmere or Ebony.

If there is information in the Registry that is incorrect, please let me know.

If you have your window sticker and it's not in the Registry with your listing, please send me a photo of it so I can include it in your listing. It also helps verify that the information in the Registry is accurate.

Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator

Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information