Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Sable Black XLR/V

Quote Originally Posted by idune45 View Post
    I got my rear shocks from rock auto for 380.00 each, same part number as the dealer that wanted 800.00 each.
    Well they’ve gone up a little but still no where near the dealer price! Good call idune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes pure zen, Thunderbuck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 black xlr v

Default Same car

Quote Originally Posted by Fireduck69 View Post
    Also check the pads on the end of the springs. I have found them broken off.
    We have same car!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

Well a couple months ago to almost now a year, I found out my front shock was blown. So after looking and going back and forth with my service guy and finding the parts (2 different warehouses) I decided to bite the big one and replace all 4. Because we decided that buy the time the others needs to be replaced, will the parts be available or will they be discontinued with the rest of the xlr parts. It cost me a pretty penny but that big expense is out of the way now. cross fingers nothing else major will go wrong. Figures why couldn’t they have gone out before my extended warranty expired. The extended warranty paid out 16 k or something in that area of repair work since I had the warranty. It expired last 2017nov

06 infrared base
    date purchased oct 4th 2012 at the time she had 20758 miles on her.

Every time I see my "BABY" I smile and say to myself, "I still don't believe i am a owner of this Great car".

Topless is the only way to drive

Florida is a convertible state

5. Likes Rule62, Thunderbuck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Black XLR-V

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
    We have same car!
    Black or Cashmere interior? I have Cashmere, I believe there were 37 built this way but my memory maybe off a couple.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Sable Black XLR/V

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye372 View Post
    Well a couple months ago to almost now a year, I found out my front shock was blown. So after looking and going back and forth with my service guy and finding the parts (2 different warehouses) I decided to bite the big one and replace all 4. Because we decided that buy the time the others needs to be replaced, will the parts be available or will they be discontinued with the rest of the xlr parts. It cost me a pretty penny but that big expense is out of the way now. cross fingers nothing else major will go wrong. Figures why couldn’t they have gone out before my extended warranty expired. The extended warranty paid out 16 k or something in that area of repair work since I had the warranty. It expired last 2017nov

Yeah...that warranty paid for itself 3 times over! Mine is good though October.

8. Likes hawkeye372, Thunderbuck liked this post
    im new to the forum and have only had my xlr for a week. 05 GRAND DADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

I purchased a new warranty plan for about 2k in April of 2016, it’s good for 5 years or 100k miles . So far I only use this one once for Air Condition repair, but warranty plan before this one paid out many more pennies then what it cost! That plan was purchased when I bought her in March 2011

Sent from Grand Daddy iPhone using Tapatalk
    WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!

10. Likes Thunderbuck liked this post
    im new to the forum and have only had my xlr for a week. CNC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Gold Mist XLR & 79' Eldorado Convert

Default Welcome

Welcome to the XLR Site. --- Just picked mine up from our Cadillac Dealer here last week. They went through the whole car and checked everything out, and made some repairs. I usually do my own work but had too much stuff on my plate. Wanted all done before The Bowling Green Rally that is coming up. Wanted her 'roadworthy'. The Air Bag warning light was on. Not good. Dealer found a bad sensor and replaced it. Low coolant light would occasionally come on (intermittent). Wire had come loose near bottom of radiator and had chaffed on the chassis and was grounding out sometimes. Repaired. Also replaced the strange looking radiator support contraption (aluminum) with the bottom skids that had been broken ever since I got the car. --- I guess the shocks will be next? --- Glad you got it sorted out.

Again, Welcome

12. Likes hawkeye372, Mark0polo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Default Love that "Infra Red" : )

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye372 View Post
    my ride a 2006 had her since 2012

Hi Hawkeye, Looking forward to meeting you in Bowling Green! Love Infra Red color. Just stunning.

14. Likes Mark0polo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Default Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by 05 GRAND DADDY View Post
    I purchased a new warranty plan for about 2k in April of 2016, it’s good for 5 years or 100k miles . So far I only use this one once for Air Condition repair, but warranty plan before this one paid out many more pennies then what it cost! That plan was purchased when I bought her in March 2011

Hi Dan, You get a chance let me know who your warranty is with? I may see if I can still purchase one for my car? Mine has 36K + miles on it now. Looking forward to meeting you in Bowling Green!

16. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY liked this post
    im new to the forum and have only had my xlr for a week. 05 GRAND DADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

Quote Originally Posted by CNC View Post
    Hi Dan, You get a chance let me know who your warranty is with? I may see if I can still purchase one for my car? Mine has 36K + miles on it now. Looking forward to meeting you in Bowling Green!
    Looking forward to see old and new XLR friends too!
    CNC Here you go. They had different plans. Check them out here: Palmer

WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!

18. Thanks Mark0polo thanked for this post
    Supporting Vendor Windrestrictor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to XLR Net!

Use code "
    Paul10
    " save 10% off