Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2009 Elektra Blue/Cashmere XLR

Default Just purchased 2009 XLR I'm in Southern California

I recently purchased my dream car, a 2009 XLR with 41,000 miles. Rare color combo of Electra Blue with a Cashmere interior. It's near perfect. I'm looking forward to picking your brains and using your experience to enhance the ownership of my car. Should I only have it serviced at a Cadillac dealership or would a qualified mechanic with XLR experience suffice?
    Attached Images Attached Images Just purchased 2009 XLR  I'm in Southern California-xlr-jpg 

2. Likes ChopperDave, 05 GRAND DADDY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Don't have one yet!

Congrats and welcome to the XLR Net!

Be sure to check out the XLR Registry:

Cadillac XLR Registry for 2004 - 2009 Cadillac XLRs and XLR-Vs
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information

4. Likes ChopperDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2009 XLR-V Red/Cashmere

CONGRAT'S....enjoy it, I just bought a 2009 XLR-V with 28k miles a few months ago...Love it!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 XLR w 2009 front facia Raven Black

Great looking car, look for someone thatís had the XLR specific training and certification. Iíve utilized a combination of Dealer, specialty shop and myself (bought the two volume shop manuals) and if I had a tech ll Iíd probably do all of it.
    This forum has a lot of very knowledgeable people to ask if it hasnít already in a thread. Read up on the issues, tips and solutions if you enjoy working on your own.
    Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 (red) with wire grrile

Belissimo! These are very durable, hand built cars... enjoy it, drive it sensibly, garage it, and it will provide you with decades of joy. Happy day, James

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 xlr White

unless your dealer has a special tech that worked back in the day and was trained on the car, they know no more than any tech out there that has a scanner and google on their phone. You best friend is your feet. When the dealer tells you something expensive needs replacing ,then walk away and do some research on here or just ask. Someone will be glad to help you. As many have said. lots of people gain by having a warranty on these cars. I know a local one for sale tried to get an extended warranty and no one would write it. So warranty companies are getting smarter and not going to insure for 500 a year something that is going to cost them 5000$

Love that color and those wheels