Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New member, looking for a few parts CNC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Gold Mist XLR & 79' Eldorado Convert

Default Hey, Thanks! - Where There's a Will There's A Way! : )

Quote Originally Posted by CW928 View Post
    Got it fixed. I opened the top 1/2 way, put a thin bead of JB weld between the top and liner, clamped it and let it sit over night and it is flush and perfect, undetectable that there was ever an issue.
    Interesting. I kind of wondered if The J.B. would be sticky enough and permanent enough for good adhesion? Apparently the answer is 'yes', it is. --- Any particular type of J.B. Weld? Did you have to key the surfaces 1st (rough them up some) for adhesion?

Glad to hear you got it sorted as Dan in his post is correct. There have been a few (rare) instances of the factory adhesive failing and the top shell when up shearing off in the wind and going flying down the road.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 XLR

It really worked great, but I got a private message stating that it might not hold when it gets really hot, but it is perfect so far. I used the metal JB, and did not prep the area, you can't tell that there was anything ever done to the top, it is sealed and lined up perfectly, no more wind sound that I had prior.

3. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY liked this post