Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 XLR Black Raven

Default Hello from BC , Canada

I finally have my 2005 XLR home a week ago !! Its just amazing !! Great forum to join and I see there is so much info here to learn about . I need to get new tires and was wondering what brand / make / model etc do any of you recommend ? I'm leaning towards the michelin super sports ?

2. Likes David_B liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Liquid Amethyst

WELCOME!
    congrats on your new xlr. lots of info here recently regarding tires. you can do a search.
    main consideration is do you want run flats or not.
    then decide do you want a higher performance summer tire or a high performance all season tire.
    all depends on your plans for the car, only ever go out in the nice weather, then probably go with a good summer tire
    rain is ok with a summer tire, but not snow.
    if your XLR may see some wintry conditions, then an all season which can handle some slush and snow may be best.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Crimson Pearl XLR

Congratulations on your new acquisition!

What color is it?

You KNOW what it is!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Don't have one yet!

Congrats and welcome to the XLR Net!

Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator

Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information

Hello from  BC , Canada rexster314's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Base Infrared

Welcome!! Do what I did when you have some time. Start out in each topic forum and read from the first post to the present. LOTS of good info that will answer questions that you don't even know you want to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Gold Mist XLR & 79' Eldorado Convert

Default Welcome to The Forum

Post some pictures when you can. I have Michelin Run FLats on mine. I think run flats are a good idea as there is no spare as you know. I don't know if you are going to drive yours there in The Frozen North in the winter or not. I should talk. We just had a Spring Blizzard over this past weekend and got 2' of snow along with 50 mph winds. Took a full day to dig out. Mine spends the winter in the garage under it's soft car cover, so I am not concerned about winter tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 XLR Black Raven

Quote Originally Posted by CNC View Post
    Post some pictures when you can. I have Michelin Run FLats on mine. I think run flats are a good idea as there is no spare as you know. I don't know if you are going to drive yours there in The Frozen North in the winter or not. I should talk. We just had a Spring Blizzard over this past weekend and got 2' of snow along with 50 mph winds. Took a full day to dig out. Mine spends the winter in the garage under it's soft car cover, so I am not concerned about winter tires.
    I will post some pics once I get it "polished" up and find a passenger tail light !! I cant pass the provincial inspection until I fix or replace the light !! What a fantastic car though , so much fun with the top down and it's been 85 degrees the last couple days and its only April. I needed tires quick since I wouldn't pass the inspection with the worn goodyear eagle run flats I had on it , I went with the Michelin pilot sports and wow what a nice ride . I have AAA and Michelin also offers a road side assistance for a couple years . We get a lot of rain up here not snow but I'll keep this baby inside when its cold and wet !!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Sable Black XLR

Congratulations..- I've bought my XLR last week too...
    So, I 'll read yours questions with big interrest to learn about This car spécifications.

About the tires; in the case of the tires aren't runflat ; is it a light on the Dashboard ?
    From Belgium...