Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

it will be like 'New Car Day' graytoad's Avatar
    Home: Mountsberg, Ontario Canada winters in Port Charlotte Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2009 XLR Crystal Red Metalic

Default it will be like 'New Car Day'

Hey y'all, I have not been on the forum much this past summer. Some of you may had seen my post that I had to leave my XLR in Florida for the summer. Hubby Steve had fast advancing cataracts and took himself off the road in early March so when it was time to drive home we only had one driver but two cars that were supposed to be going. Since we were hosting the inaugural Ontario Oldsmobile Nationals on our property I was eager to bring home our only Oldsmobile at the time: our 1961 Dynamic 88 Fiesta station wagon - and thus the XLR lost out.

Well we arrived in Florida finally (we were delayed getting here - but that is another story) and the XLR is raring to go for a drive: so tomorrow is the day! It will be like it is a New Car: I have been missing that awesome feeling when I drive the X & anticipating this 'first drive of the season' for months. We get to have those 'first drives' every spring in the Great White North but it is different when you are living a forced separation from your car due to circumstances beyond your control.

Anyway: it will be great to 'be back' behind the wheel and likely be kicking around here more now too!

Sandy G

UPDATE: fabulous drive: all the wile I had that 'XLR grin' spread across my face! I love the sound Northstar with the Corsa exhaust when I stand on it: not to mention that she 'picks up her skirt and flies' too on command!
    Last edited by graytoad; 11-21-2019 at 12:45 PM.
    Sandy
    You can't be a car collector with only one car!
    Get out & drive 'em.... 'cause if you don't - the next owner will !
    My XLR: A fast Red one w Corsa Exhaust & V sway bar

2. Likes hawkeye372, pure zen, nerkpowers liked this post
    Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 xlr White

hey if you left the 88 in Canada let me know where so I can go up and "borrow" it for a while . One of my fav cars I ever owned. I also had a 61 bubble top and it would bake your brains out if you rode in the back seat

4. Likes pure zen liked this post
    it will be like 'New Car Day' graytoad's Avatar
    Home: Mountsberg, Ontario Canada winters in Port Charlotte Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2009 XLR Crystal Red Metalic

Quote Originally Posted by long Tall Sally View Post
    hey if you left the 88 in Canada let me know where so I can go up and "borrow" it for a while . One of my fav cars I ever owned. I also had a 61 bubble top and it would bake your brains out if you rode in the back seat
    Yes it the 88 Burb is in Ontario at an UNDISCLOSED LOCATION for its protection!
    Sandy
    You can't be a car collector with only one car!
    Get out & drive 'em.... 'cause if you don't - the next owner will !
    My XLR: A fast Red one w Corsa Exhaust & V sway bar

6. Likes long Tall Sally liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bluebeast wishes all of our fellow XLR owners a very Happy Thanksgiving. May all have good food and family and friends together to celebrate. May we all be blessed with good health and top down driving days in the next year.
    Cathie and Paul

8. Likes pure zen, nerkpowers liked this post