Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Page 182 of 182 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182
Results 2,716 to 2,727 of 2727

Thread: Daily Chat

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

Went for a topdown drive today. The weather was nice (finally) tomorrow a line of showers will pass through. So I had to drop off some car show fliers to area stores. One was auto zone and the other two were convenient stores. Today also starts the high pollen count. So by the time I got back home, the car had attracted some yellow spots. Here is the car at a fishing Pier and then again at my place in north Florida.
    Daily Chat-98e7f850-e59c-4983-9497-5cdbcba91a5b-jpgDaily Chat-833cdd9a-1c90-4db3-9c79-6cded4dd6e6d-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Daily Chat-8bbc6f49-ac2f-47f0-b25e-a20d8e51cbc7-jpg Daily Chat-0674a18b-f716-4780-80fa-1b90e83e8cd0-jpg Daily Chat-e8a2a041-49ce-4ebd-b0b3-5c35dbf2b177-jpg 

06 infrared base
    date purchased oct 4th 2012 at the time she had 20758 miles on her.

Every time I see my "BABY" I smile and say to myself, "I still don't believe i am a owner of this Great car".

Topless is the only way to drive

Florida is a convertible state

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Crimson Pearl XLR

Default Look what's sitting in my driveway!

Too bad it's just for tonight.

CT6 AWD. Rear-wheel steeering. All the goodies.

I have one of my vehicles into the dealer for some service and THIS is what I got for a loaner.

It pays to have friends at the dealership!

Too bad it has to go back!
    Attached Images Attached Images Daily Chat-dsc02412-jpg Daily Chat-dsc02413-jpg 

You KNOW what it is!

3. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY, graytoad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

While filing up at a local gas station a guy coming out of the dailyís/subway station saw my ride. He walked over and said he has a blue 05 that was at his house in his garage. I thought he said his interior was black but not sure. So I asked him if he knew of this forum. He said he heard something about a group but wasnít sure. So I handed him my card with this website on it. He said he would look into it. He had his hands full with subway so I couldnít shake his hand. But he said he had to get back to deliver his wifeís subway meal. Hope he registers here.

06 infrared base

Every time I see my "BABY" I smile and say to myself, "I still don't believe i am a owner of this Great car".

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Red XLR

Default Smog Test

Yesterday was a good day for me in the California desert. I had been having problems with my engine light coming on and I replaced the gas cap and started filling the gas up to the one half to three quarter level and not topping it up. I bought a tool to turn the code off. Well yesterday was D day and my car passed with flying colors. Now I am in good shape for another two years.
    John F.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Crimson Pearl XLR

Default Crimson Pearl at Elgin

Crimson Pearl was in attendance at the Cars 2 Dreams show in Elgin, SC. This was a fundraiser for the Shriner's Hospital in Greenville, SC held on March 10, 2018.

Several other members of the Carolinas Cadillac-LaSalle Club were there as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images Daily Chat-xlr-at-elgin-jpg 

You KNOW what it is!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Crimson Pearl XLR

Default Chevron Techron BOGO deal

Until April 2, 2018, AutoZone has Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner on sale Buy 1 Get 1 free.

This is the same product that was sold under the AC Delco label. This product is proven to prevent and sometimes correct fuel gauge sender problems that can occur with our XLRs.

NAPA had a good sale on this product some time back and I stocked up then, but I also picked up some more this week with the BOGO deal.

At my local store, they honored the deal on both the 12 oz. and 20 oz. size.

You KNOW what it is!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

Well what else could go wrong. The other day I was packing my trunk up for a car show on sat. Then as I closed it I forgot to pack one last thing. But then the trunk wouldnít open. So I took it into the dealer and had them look at it. I also asked if they could reapply the side liner carpet. They did that told me it was a bent bar that hit the switch for the trunk to register open, so the top could go down. Well today I am looking around and spot cleaning the car and noticed this
    Daily Chat-c6d187d7-243e-41d3-a927-b4b8ebccb543-jpg
    The drivers side headlight washer grommet is missing. Iím going to call my service guy tomorrow to see if it turns up. But was wondering how much these are. I looked on GM parts direct. But donít really know the actual part name.

06 infrared base

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Red XLR

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye372 View Post
    Well what else could go wrong. The other day I was packing my trunk up for a car show on sat. Then as I closed it I forgot to pack one last thing. But then the trunk wouldnít open. So I took it into the dealer and had them look at it. I also asked if they could reapply the side liner carpet. They did that told me it was a bent bar that hit the switch for the trunk to register open, so the top could go down. Well today I am looking around and spot cleaning the car and noticed this
    Daily Chat-c6d187d7-243e-41d3-a927-b4b8ebccb543-jpg
    The drivers side headlight washer grommet is missing. Iím going to call my service guy tomorrow to see if it turns up. But was wondering how much these are. I looked on GM parts direct. But donít really know the actual part name.
    I replaced one of mine and it's cheap. Don't let the dealer sell you a whole new kit.
    John F.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Raven Black XLR-V

Default Other options!

Yes, you donít need the dealers help. These are cheap from many sources, I got a pair on eBay.
    The world is run by those who show up!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Crimson Pearl XLR

Default Car Show today

One of my acquaintances from the Classic Car Show world was having their first car show at their church today. Quite a few of us wanted to attend to support him and his church. Most of the cars in attendance were classics. Quite a few Camaros in attendance.

I decided to drive Crimson Pearl. The weather was perfect, 74 degrees and sunny.

They had the usual awards, Top 10, Best Original, Best Paint, Best Engine, Best Interior, Pastor's Choice and Best of Show.

After all the cars were judged and trophies were awarded, Crimson Pearl won the trophy for "Best Paint". Not bad in a tough crowd!
    Attached Images Attached Images Daily Chat-northdale-bc-jpg 

You KNOW what it is!

12. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY, XLRATING, ChopperDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Infrared XLR (Beauty); 2008 GT500 (Beast); 2007 Black XLR-V (Victor)

Went to a Mustang sponsored all makes show yesterday, taking the GT500 & the XLR-V. They had a burn out contest, and the winner won a couple of hundred dollars. If you ever consider doing this, hereís what the winnerís tires looked like (he had an extra set that he used just for the burn out).
    Attached Images Attached Images Daily Chat-4d812dde-f796-49b0-97f4-0984498e0e06-jpeg 

yep, I drive a hybrid - a V8 bred for high speed!

2006 Infrared XLR
    Corsa exhaust
    XLR-V sway bar
    Powder coated calipers
    Drilled & slotted rotors
    Custom engine cover
    Custom hood & trunk liner
    Zaino polish

14. Likes hawkeye372 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

Quote Originally Posted by beaver_jd View Post
    I replaced one of mine and it's cheap. Don't let the dealer sell you a whole new kit.
    John F.
    Well sorry for being gone from this site for awhile. Iíve had some health issues I needed to get straightened out. So hereís the problem that was solved. First the parts guy ordered the wrong part. So I ended up returning and got the right one ordered. I went to a site that sells paint for our cars. Had my service guy paint the part for me (on his own time). Then he said it looked dul. So after I was feeling a little better I ordered the clear coat. Yes I shouldíve ordered the clear the same time. Back to the story. The service guy added about 3 coats of the paint and let it cure for awhile. He told me that he was going on vacation for a couple weeks so I went and picked the part and paint up. Then after he returned I had the clear coat at my place. I ran the car and part with clear coat to him. He put on about 4 coats of the clear. It looks good but someone said it looks a shade darker. It looks better now that the part is back on instead of the nosel just bare. He ended up gluing the part in place instead of having to take the bumper off and then they would charge me a couple hundred plus shop time to do it the correct way. So the only thing they said was not to wash the car for a couple days. The service guy ended up keeping the car overnight so the bonding time would be longer. The only thing is it still could come off so Iím taking it easy with the car and praying 🙏🏼 that it stays in place.

06 infrared base