Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Have One

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Infared XLR-V

Default I Have One

Almost 150,000 miles, transmission going, lost 3rd gear, but it still runs and drives. In fact, I drove it 200 miles to Galveston and back last Friday and had a blast. Look forward to everytime I have the opportunity to get it out of the garage. Definately a different machine from the XLR.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Light Platinum, President, "Midwest Marauders"

Great picture - thanks for sharing!

I loved the Allante's when they came out. My boss had one and I thought it was spectacular!

My first drool-over Cadillac were the 1980-85 Sevilles. The Allante just cemented my love for all things Cadillac!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Black Raven XLR-V, Shale interior

Very nice ride, sir!

LED upgrades: interior/exterior
    Plasmaglow Lightning Eyes (white/amber)
    Aft flank turn/brake indicators (LED)
    6000K Headlights
    6000K HID fog lamps
    CarbonXP 35 Window Tint
    Wind Restrictor with Glow Module/Ghosting
    Embroidered underhood/trunk deck lid insulator
    Custom Floor Mats (Lloyd's)
    Lockpick iPod module
    Mild to Wild exhaust baffle control
    Brushed stainless fuse box cover
    Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ (4 X 255/40-19)
    Custom Exhaust Plate
    Odyssey 34R-PC1500T Battery

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Crimson Pearl XLR

I liked the Allante as well when it came out. I was driving a Diesel Eldorado during those years.

But when the XLR was introduced, it really lit my fire!

You KNOW what it is!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Infared XLR-V

I was impressed when the Allante' came out, but it was actually more expensive than the XLR in today's dollars. I was buying a home at that time, not a car which actually was selling for about the same as my first home! I still keep up with prices and one can be found in reasonably good condition for 5K or less. A good friend of mine has two and is selling his '92 for 3K and it is in very good condition. The '93 was the only year with the Northstar engine. In fact, that was the first year for the Northstar. The paint was excellent and in most cases the original paint looks as good as new. I hope the XLR holds up as well in 20 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Crimson Pearl XLR

Me to. Just sold my '93 Northstar Allante in Sept. 19 years old and 30,000 miles.

Carter
    '05 XLR
    Crimson Pearl
    '93 Allante Polo Green (sold)
    '91 Allante White (sold)
    Avatar is "Sunrise over the Bering Sea at 35,000'"

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Crimson Pearl XLR

Smile

I didn't run the numbers concerning the relative cost of the Allante as compared to the XLR, but I do remember that acquiring one at the time just wasn't in the realm of the practical for me at the time.

I'm glad they made the car, even though it did not have the market impact that Cadillac thought it would. They are nice cars, I looked at them when they were new and more recently have looked at some that were for sale at the Charlotte Motor Speedway Autofair. Had I been financially able to purchase back in the day, I would have liked to have had one.

I think the XLR will actually hold its value much better than the Allante did. An XLR is more of a "statement" car than the Allante was. Considering that the XLR was essentially unchanged in appearance from 2004 to 2008, and with minor changes for 2009, you have a car design that was first sold in 2004. That makes it an eight-year old design now, but it still looks as fresh, current and exciting as it did in 2005!

I honestly believe that the XLR will still look as fresh at 20 years old as it does now, and I believe the quality of the construction will hold up as well. I sure do hope so, I plan to own it and drive it as long as I can get in a car and drive!

You KNOW what it is!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2009 Black/Tan XLR: 2008 STS V8 AWD: 2008 SRX Premium AWD

I currently have a black, black, black 93 Allante with 65,000 miles that i will selling very soon.

as a comparison to the cost of the XLR my 93 Allante has a sticker price of $62,000 and that was in 93 of course...quite expensive at the time, especially without a power roof...which some people blame for their demise.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

1992 Pearl White Allante

Ours is a '92, Pearl White. She has 52K on the odometer. Paid $8K a couple of years ago. Would be hard pressed to get $5K for it now. But then, did not buy it for investment. Bought it because it looks nice and is a blast to drive!

Parts are hard to find and outrageous in cost! Other than that, a nice ride.
    Dave Yaros -

Car Collector Chronicles - a GDYNets monthly, no ads, e-newsletter focusing on the nuts & bolts of classic car ownership
    Car Collector Chronicles - THE FORUM - A place on the internet to interact with fellow car collectors
    Saved 62 Our Oldsmobile web site
    The Gray Lady - Our 1955 Cadillac Coupé deVille web site
    Dave's Den a web site featuring the "Steel City of Gary, Indiana, U.S. Steel-Gary Works, the 210" Plate Mill, the USMC, and the M14 assault rifle

Post Thanks / Like

Default ALLANTE

I had 3 Allantes over the years. '89 - 90 - 92 . . . . I liked then very much, but 89 & 90 ( GRAY ) had brake problems. Getting parts was MURDER and getting it worked on was worse. The red '92 was the best one to drive, was fun and looked good. I sold it and bought a '04 CHEVY SSR which I kept for 3 years, that was also fun and a head turn, until I realized that the XLR was the car for me . . . Now I am very happy and look forward to the daily driver . . . . . .

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

Quote Originally Posted by onalaska View Post
    Almost 150,000 miles, transmission going, lost 3rd gear, but it still runs and drives. In fact, I drove it 200 miles to Galveston and back last Friday and had a blast. Look forward to everytime I have the opportunity to get it out of the garage. Definately a different machine from the XLR.

Nice pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06 infrared base
    date purchased oct 4th 2012 at the time she had 20758 miles on her.

Every time I see my "BABY" I smile and say to myself, "I still don't believe i am a owner of this Great car".

Topless is the only way to drive

Florida is a convertible state

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

05 xlr satin nickle

Default allante

I've had a'91-92-93 all fun cars,'93 was easier to work/get parts as it did not have the crazy brake system.loved them all but after seeing/driving the xlr I traded the '93 in on the xlr,this car i'm going to drive the wheels off,at 48k now. good luck with the allante.
    AL

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 #165 of 250 Limited Edition Star Black Metallic

I was watching an old movie the other day on Netflix called Millenium and Cherl Ladd got into a red Allante and went screaming out of an air port in it.

That was the only one I've ever seen in a movie.

I have a brother that lives up in Big Bear, CA. that has one and he really loves it.
    Jack
    2006 Star Black Limited Edition #165/250 XLR.
    Tinted windows.
    Corsa Exhaust.
    Volant Cool Air Intake w/ twin e-Ram electric Superchargers and 9th fuel injector.
    385+Calculated Flywheel Horse Power.
    V Rear Sway Bar.
    06 Corvette Trailer Hitch.
    Front parking sensor, 'Curb Alert', AKA 'Cure for the common curb'.
    Home brew wind screen.
    Home brew rear spoiler.

"Cadillac XLR, Built for Comfort ..... AND SPEED!"

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

'16 Z06, "06 XLR-V Infra Red-Sold, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader

Robin Williams drove one in Cadillac Man.

Quote Originally Posted by WB6BBZ View Post
    .................................................. .......That was the only one I've ever seen in a movie.

Cubby558

"If you want to blend in, Ride the Bus"

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

Quote Originally Posted by P - I GUY View Post
    I had 3 Allantes over the years. '89 - 90 - 92 . . . . I liked then very much, but 89 & 90 ( GRAY ) had brake problems. Getting parts was MURDER and getting it worked on was worse. The red '92 was the best one to drive, was fun and looked good. I sold it and bought a '04 CHEVY SSR which I kept for 3 years, that was also fun and a head turn, until I realized that the XLR was the car for me . . . Now I am very happy and look forward to the daily driver . . . . . .
    I like reading on here that most of us XLR owners are driving the hell out of our XLR's and not just sitting in your garages (unless weather is bad, that's understandable) mine a daily driver too but I only have 5 miles / about 7 minutes to the office!
    We just put about 500 miles on Roxy went to Atlantic City, NJ / Cape May for a couple of days for my birthday getaway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan
    WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!