Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help....need a single fender bracket for 2008

Caddydaddy64

My XLR/V(s)
2008 XLR Black Platinum Edition
I am looking for the plastic bracket (passenger side) that attached from the from the frame to the outer corner of the bumper where it meets the fender in front of the wheel well. The outer edge of the bracket is held with 2 pop rivets and ties the top corner of the bumper to the bottom of the fender. GM part number is 10353390. See attached pic of same bracket on driver side.
20210122_135612_resized.jpg

Only problem is their website says shipping to Canada is minimum $75...may have to bite the bullet (or try and fill up the shopping cart)..fingers crossed

Morning,
You're welcome. Just write directly to Chris and let him know what you need - I think it's a 'canned' shopping cart thingy and it's just defaulting to some silly fee. I would be quite surprised if he did not oblige with a realistic shipping fee.

Though on the idea of filling up the cart, there are some really choice odds and ends stocked there, and once gone, probably gone forever. Planning ahead doesn't hurt for sure. ;)

Gord :thumbsup

Didn't get a chance to call them on Friday due to the time change. Will let you know. As for the other bits, I have had pretty good luck with my car but now that I am on the website I see the myriad of problems that arise. If I had to grab something else in anticipation of a future problem what would you suggest?

well i have an order I need to place .I will go ahead and order a couple as they are the only place with them. if you need one let me know . no other problems that you can get parts for that I would buy in advance .If your trunk does not stay up by itself then I would get a set of the trunk struts. You can get them at any auto parts so no need to order.

Thanks Mickey.....I hope(?) I have one secured but I will keep you posted. I appreciate you offering to help and I may still take you up on it. I had to laugh about the struts...already had to do the hood...forgot about the trunk LOL

Great....will let you know in a couple of days. Are you okay if I just take the RH....I don't want to break up your sets but I already have a pretty good LH.

Thanks for your help. I am going to take you up on your offer for the RH bracket. Let me know the details for payment when you have an amount. You can send it COD if you like or to calculate my shipping cost the postal code is T6J 6W7. Thanks again....

got the parts today. funny one of the few parts that we can make they still have cheaper than we can make it. haha send me your shipping info and I will get it out to you . name address etc. and just to make sure it is the passenger side. do you have a rivet tool? if not you can bolt it together with a locking nut so it does not tighten too much but wont come loose. I have the bolts if you dont have a rivet gun

You're a lifesaver...I owe you one!. The part I need is the passenger side (stamped RH). I also don't have a rivet tool so any bolts you can add would be appreciated. My address for shipping is 432 Twin Brooks Crescent NW,
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6J 6W7. Once you have the shipping cost, I will Paypal you the money if you can send me which email you want it forwarded to....thanks again.

not sure you understood but my shipper says it may not get to you if I just put caddy daddy as the name . i can try if you like send me a PM

When posted before I was always notified by email but last few posts didn't so for some reason. Please send PM when you need final payment amount and where to send to. Thanks again....

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom