Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Auto window operation

Jon Schwarz

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Midnight Blue xlr 4.6ltr
The auto function of the driver and passenger windows dropping and closing as the door is opened and closed is not working. The windows remain open a fraction and don't auto close. The window switches function normal. Any ideas?

I've heard this before. You have to reprogram the windows. Search the discussions somewhere on this site or look in your manual for the procedure. I don't remember how to do it.

Just run the windows all the way up and hold the buttons down for another 10 seconds.

You have to run the windows up, hold for 10 secs, run windows down and hold for 10 secs. WIthout you re-indexing the windows, they don't know how far to go up or go down

That was useful to know.

You all might want to see the window switch I am now adding to my US homologation XLR. At the top end of this bracket you will see there is an additional button. That is for all international XLRs and allows drivers to power fold the wing mirrors - very necessary in Europe. Would be useful in the US for those of you with narrow garages and people who walk by and tend to knock against the wing mirrors.

Attachments

• Cadillac XLR Windows Switch.jpg
    Cadillac XLR Windows Switch.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 136
That was useful to know.

You all might want to see the window switch I am now adding to my US homologation XLR. At the top end of this bracket you will see there is an additional button. That is for all international XLRs and allows drivers to power fold the wing mirrors - very necessary in Europe. Would be useful in the US for those of you with narrow garages and people who walk by and tend to knock against the wing mirrors.

Greetings,
Yes, very handy that - if you can find one. Don't forget, the mirrors have to be changed as well along with additions to the wiring, relays and such. It's not a horrible task, but certainly not 'plug and play'. ;-)

Gord :thumbsup

Last edited:
Hi Bill - I bought some parts from SMC already. I already installed the wiring and the EU mirrors - I was just waiting for the power windows/mirrors panel which SMC did not have. I got it from my supplier in the Ukraine -:)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom