Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New battery still won't come to life

GlassGuy

My XLR/V(s)
2008 xlr
Purchased my 08 XLR (with 30K original mileage) last summer and drove it occasionally until parking it in the underground (without any issues) for the winter. Went to start it up a few days ago and absolutely dead. No dash lights, no clicking, no power anywhere and after reading a lot of forum comments I assumed it was a battery issue. I bought a new battery and fully charged it before swapping it out, also changed the battery in the FOB...still dead. I'm a newbee in the XLR world and would appreciate any advice that could be related regarding this issue.

Are you getting any lights on or anything? Will the headlights come on? Id say if you left the battery connected while in storage you are going to have to really clean the cables. As batteries drain they cause corrosion not only at the battery but sometimes where the other end of the cable attaches.

Absolutely nothing is lighting up. I did notice there is an attached wire on the positive battery terminal that looks a little sketchy...not sure if it's factory or an add on from previous owner

There are only the two battery cables on my 2007 V, no additional wires. I agree with Mickeytee, you should at least be getting some lights so check your cable connections at both ends.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom