Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

'04 door mirrors malfunctioning

2WheelWrench

I've owned this beauty for 16 months, and everyone's threads and posts have been extremely helpful!! I have a growing list of things that have been repaired/replaced; would have been much more difficult without 'ya-all' taking the time and putting forth the effort to get this information written down.

Today's problem (ha!) concerns the mirrors: when in reverse, and with the reverse automatic mirror turn down selected, both mirrors move down. When the transmission is moved out of reverse, the mirrors remain in this position until manually (via the door switch) moved back to the starting position(s). Also, when starting the car, I realize that the mirrors are, once again, looking at the ground; I cannot make it do it every time. A Tech 2 came with the car, but I'm leery of plugging it in without some guidance/instruction. I don't know if it's related, but the seat mounted memory buttons do nothing...

Try storing your driver 1 seat setting again with the mirrors in the correct normal orientation.

I have the same problem. Did anything you did work?

No. Due to having to address other problems (see my recent thread on the roof panel separating), this problem went farther down on the list. I disabled the driver memory controls, so they remain in position until I manually select and move them.

whats going on with the roof repair?

Thanks for the private offer. North of Jacksonville. I presently have the front lip taped with 95 MPH tape. I have to check, but I think I've only put a couple thousand miles on it in a year and a half, because of headlight problems and oil leaks...just two of the many things I've had to repair on a one owner, 89K mile car! I am retired military, and cannot/will not pay the "stealers" exorbitant prices. Besides, having someone else do the work would have to come with a warranty. The warranty would make one feel good, BUT if the repair fails, the likelihood of 1) retrieving the panel in repairable condition, and 2) it not hitting someone, are slim. As you can guess, I'm about fed up. I've owned BMW and Jaguar convertibles that had problems with their tops, but didn't figure the same for USA made (I know Cadillac didn't make the tops, but is is THEIR product...!!). As much as I hate to, I'll probably auction it off... anyway, thanks for the offer!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom