Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

1960 #3 Le Mans Corvette

Cadillac Tech

Seasoned Member
This car will be on display @ the National Corvette Museum during the 2010 Labor Day Celebration.

Corvette Racing history was again made in France when Lance Miller fulfilled his father's dream of returning the class-winning #3 car to LeMans for the 50th anniversary of its win. A feature-length documentary and a book on this great human interest story are both in the works from Michael Brown.

The movie trailer is very good to watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx3p0BNInb4

Great story, even if it is bitter/sweet.

It is a great story. We were @ Corvettes @ Carlisle in '03 which was Chip's last, & this car was on display. I'm very happy that Lance has been able to carry on both the family business and his father's dream of returning the #3 Corvette to Le Mans.

Thrill Ride!

Kathy and I were lucky enough to get to ride with Lance Miller in this Awesome race car while we were @ the NCM Celebration. The old girl performed beautifully. Here are a few pictures;

Laborday2010206.jpg

Laborday2010224.jpg

Laborday2010231.jpg

Laborday2010235.jpg

Laborday2010353.jpg

Laborday2010354.jpg

Laborday2010356.jpg

What a thrill....

What a thrill that must have been to ride in such a historical Corvette. I can tell by the smiles on your faces that you throughly enjoyed it. Once in a life time event....Most of all to me it would be the ultimate adventure to be able to fulfill a dream of my Dad's. I am sure Lance was really proud to be able to do that. He is very nice to share the car with others so they can have the thrill of riding in the #3 Corvette. Like I said, once in a life time...glad you were able to share in the excitement....

WOW!!! How lucky for you and kathy. You both look great in it.:D

Speedway:wave::wave::wave:

The Quest

I just finished watching the movie "The Quest", it is a great movie and an even better story.:rocker:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom