Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

19x8 wheels with +45 offset?

micropimp

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Matte Black XLamboR
I am looking at some 19 inch wheels for my xlr (Forte F18).. Really good deal on them with tires..$400!! They are 19x8 all around with +45 offset.. There's an xlr running 20x8.5 all around with +40offset.. Input will be greatly appreciated!

So i tried on the wheels. The blt up great with only one Problem. The front calipers are TOO BIG and hit the wheel. Will spacers in front affect anything? Safe? Also the tires that the wheels came with are 215/35s... yuk!!! will 245/40s be ok?

Wheel Spacers

I have 3/16ths front wheel spacers on my V (careful, I required longer studs-used racing rated studs because cost was minimal) to clear Bear calipers. Local corvette place supplied them. They basically said to stay away from stamped spacers and go with billet cut for precision. My wheels balance up with no issues after tens of thousands of miles. I have wheels dynamically balanced on the car. I have the wheels and spacers indexed to the studs and rotors so I can remove the wheel and spacer for cleaning or other maintenance. Late reply but I hope it may help.

Jack

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back