Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2004-2005 XLR Suspension control module new in box. GM part # 10348979

McQuick21

My XLR/V(s)
2 x 2005 XLR's Satin Nickel
Because I can not figure out how to delete this post I have to edit it

Last edited:
Is this module discontinued without it being listed as such within GM's inventory at some parts sites?

10348979 - OEM GM MODULE GMPartsCenter.net

Control Module - GM (10348979) | OEM GM Parts

Control Module - GM (10348979)

This may answer the question:

Control Module - GM (10348979) | GM PARTS

10348979 - Genuine GM MODULE, Electronic Control Suspension

If true, this is a major hit to the majority of XLR owners, (04-05 accounted for the largest share of the production run) as these modules are frequently sought after.

If your Suspension module compartment drain looks like this, cut the end off and frequently inspect it to prevent damage to the modules that are housed there. an ounce of prevention . . .

CC

Attachments

• Pinched Drain Close-up.jpg
    Pinched Drain Close-up.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 1,070
Last edited:
It seems XLR’s are now at the point where they really need to be garage-kept in order to try to avoid the risk of drowning these components. I mentioned to my dealer that they really probably should be kept covered at a minimum (because they had a drowned one sitting there collecting storage fees since the owner didn’t have the money to fix it), and the response was “not sure that would be enough!”

I have one 850 shipped

I also have one new in the box. I will be home to ship around the 16th. I would take 850 for it plus your old one back. I think these can be repaired. I have a used one that works. Just need a car locally to do test on. These are being made again and should be in the dealers in about 4-5 months according to a friend at Delphi. The list price will most likely go up as the cost to GM, maybe 50 cents to a dollar ( so they will have to raise price a hundred or so to cover that). someone just bought 10 of these from GM per the dealer that sold them to him that I spoke with.. They have 9 waiting for one more to fill his order. I think he plans on making a bunch of money . What to chime in whoever you are???

Last edited:
Interesting. I hope they do make some more of these to help people out. I have a unit that it fried also. I was going to give it to a local electronics repair shop to see if they could fix it. They do repairs on complicated boards all the time.

dew2004-2005-xlr-suspension-control-module-new

Is this module discontinued without it being listed as such within GM's inventory at some parts sites?

CC
CC. My apologies for being so long to reply as I was gone out of town to pick up my second XLR. A 2007 Black on tan. Yes this is the same model that shows up in the GM parts list. I’ve had one on back order for three months. It’s been my experience when you click on the link an you add it to your cart from GM dealers (all of the links go to GM dealers as far as I know) they will either tell you it’s discontinued or put it on back order. Some of the links you posted said the item was discontinued. (Thank you for your detailed research) I’ve only been an XLR owner for three months first things I needed was a folding top module and a suspension module because of the drain plug. In my quest to find one I purchased what I thought was a used one that turned out to be a rebuilt one for $1200 from a parts yard out West (which was $600 less than I used one from a parts yard on he East Coast) and it did not work, it would not let the car start. I am still trying to get a full refund. And it’s my understanding that the rebuilt ones rarely work. When I found a new OEM and could purchase more than one I jumped on it given the rarity of them in an attempt to offset the cost of mine. Early bird gets the worm (or shot:chuckle) depending where he goes right? I read another post that Delphi was bringing the module back. I question that and asked why would they do that with a limited market and why did some of the ones received have dust on them?
And I’ll say this, the ones on the GM parts websites are much less than the ones I purchased.

Regards

CC. My apologies for being so long to reply as I was gone out of town to pick up my second XLR. A 2007 Black on tan. Yes this is the same model that shows up in the GM parts list. I’ve had one on back order for three months. It’s been my experience when you click on the link an you add it to your cart from GM dealers (all of the links go to GM dealers as far as I know) they will either tell you it’s discontinued or put it on back order. Some of the links you posted said the item was discontinued. (Thank you for your detailed research) I’ve only been an XLR owner for three months first things I needed was a folding top module and a suspension module because of the drain plug. In my quest to find one I purchased what I thought was a used one that turned out to be a rebuilt one for $1200 from a parts yard out West (which was $600 less than I used one from a parts yard on he East Coast) and it did not work, it would not let the car start. I am still trying to get a full refund. And it’s my understanding that the rebuilt ones rarely work. When I found a new OEM and could purchase more than one I jumped on it given the rarity of them in an attempt to offset the cost of mine. Early bird gets the worm (or shot:chuckle) depending where he goes right? I read another post that Delphi was bringing the module back. I question that and asked why would they do that with a limited market and why did some of the ones received have dust on them?
And I’ll say this, the ones on the GM parts websites are much less than the ones I purchased.

Regards
Well the Module has never been officially discontinued from GM. It has just been placed on back order. Which means they wait until they have enough orders to fill to make it worth going thru the order and restocking process.

one more thing

for those that think this would be a hard part to start back making. Its the same part as used on the corvette 10339642. One very minor internal change and one different programing that can easily be done by the manufacture. (Delphi) The corvette part still shows up as discontinued , but its the same way as XLR. The corvette guys say they still can get them. Order one and you most likely can get it but just takes a while. When Gm sees 10 sold at one time, they start the thinking ( done by computer not brains) that they may need to make some more. So lets thank the guy that bought the 10 . He most likely helped the rest of us out.

Suspension module

for those that think this would be a hard part to start back making. Its the same part as used on the corvette 10339642. One very minor internal change and one different programing that can easily be done by the manufacture. (Delphi) The corvette part still shows up as discontinued , but its the same way as XLR. The corvette guys say they still can get them. Order one and you most likely can get it but just takes a while. When Gm sees 10 sold at one time, they start the thinking ( done by computer not brains) that they may need to make some more. So lets thank the guy that bought the 10 . He most likely helped the rest of us out.
Well if someone doesn’t want to wait 6 months they can message me and maybe we can work something out.

option

or they can buy my new oem one for 800 shipped this coming Friday when I get home. It will be 875 on flea bay to cover the cost of listing and fees

Last edited:
Suspension module

Or if they want one sooner than that for $800 they can contact me.

or??

Or if they want one sooner than that for $800 they can contact me.
Or if they want to wait a week they can get mine for 750$. Let the price wars begin
and help all the XLR owners out there.
I did not buy mine in volume like some have done. I just have the one left. SO if anyone needs it I have offered it to several people on here for 800 shipped Do the community a favor and buy the other one. That way I will have one to offer to keep the price lower. Once mine is gone the price may go back up to the 1200 that was wanted before we started.

Last edited:
And after people paid so much for them , GM once again has them in stock. list 1052--- cost at most any store 789 ---discounted new on ebay for 677 from a gm wholesale. MAy want to buy one and stock it.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom