Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2004 XLR HOOD FOR SALE

Wife's XLR

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2016 ATS-V Coupe; 2004 XLR
​***SOLD...FINALLY!*****I've decided to change the hood of my wife's 2004 XLR with a hood from an XLR-V. The stock XLR hood, which is Xenon Blue in color and the price is $300.00 + shipping.

The hood insulator is in very good condition. Just had it totally cleaned when the dealership detailed the engine bay just before painting the engine and fuse box covers. The topside of the hood is original paint. The underside of the hood was painted Xenon Blue from just under the hood liner to the edge of the hood all the way around giving it a finished, glossy look when the hood liner is attached. Great for car shows. In perfect condition and has no scratches in the paint-if you want to leave it is Xenon Blue.

I can be reached by cell phone # 727-242-4993; XLR.NET email or personal email at rivieman5215@gmail.com :wave:

Sal/wife's XLR :thumbsup

Attachments

• IMG951858.jpg
    IMG951858.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG951859.jpg
    IMG951859.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
Price Drop!!!!

Hey everybody...I need to get rid of this hood; it's been hanging around way too long. I'm dropping the price from $450.00 to $300.00!!! The hood is in perfect condition and what a price!!!

:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Still $300.00 and still a great buy. You CAN'T go wrong!!! :thumbsup

HHH

:wave:

If you have a base XLR, this hood will fit. If you want a V hood, they still show as available at gmpartsdirect.com

Does anyone know if the 2004 hood will fit a 2008 XLR? Perhaps just 2006-2009 will fit?

I am really looking for a V hood. Anyone? Please let me know.

Gord Baker. gbakertech@gmail.com

hood

I believe you will find that all 09s had a v hood. and will take a special front molding to go with V grill. 04-08 base are all the same

2008 Hood.

If you have a base XLR, this hood will fit. If you want a V hood, they still show as available at gmpartsdirect.com

I just checked there, NO hoods available.
Thanks.

Apparently the body shop has found one, I hope it is the Bump hood!

Gord.

hoods

I just checked there, NO hoods available.
Thanks.

Apparently the body shop has found one, I hope it is the Bump hood!

Gord.
Just to go on record here so we all know. there are no base hoods left at GM part number 15932609
There are 2 that's all 2 V hoods left new from GM that is part number 25982701 and needs insulator 15940933 and molding 10355138 to make them work so that means v cars will start to total real soon .
so if you have been wanting to upgrade do it now or watch for a used hood. that will be your only option. at least the hood is a part that can be made fairly cheep and an aftermarket V style would only sell for around 7-800 compared to a new oem at 2020.00List and about 1300-1400 cost

I've been thinking about doing the same thing with my 06 however I know there is a difference between the two hoods in regard to the front edge chrome trim piece. It's been suggested that I just paint the piece to match the color of my X. Not really big on that and was wondering how you were planning on dealing with that. I know that there are holes to accommodate the trim and either you use it or fill them. I'd really like to know what your plans are and if you do plan on painting the trim I'd love to see a photo when it's done. Good luck

I've been thinking about doing the same thing with my 06 however I know there is a difference between the two hoods in regard to the front edge chrome trim piece. It's been suggested that I just paint the piece to match the color of my X. Not really big on that and was wondering how you were planning on dealing with that. I know that there are holes to accommodate the trim and either you use it or fill them. I'd really like to know what your plans are and if you do plan on painting the trim I'd love to see a photo when it's done. Good luck

I had the OEM grille removed and put in and aftermarket "V" type grille. It came with a trim piece for the edge of the hood, chrome-like in appearance that was part of the grille package. I think it looks great. In fact, you don't even need a V Hood to install the grille!

the v grille with eh v chrome Molding works best but I think the poster wanted to keep the stock grill with a v hood. I would never ruin a perfectly new V hood by having it molded in. It will most likely show the repair and I still think the back side may have to be ground out to not interfere with the stock grill. I believe this is the first time Anyone ever mentioned not running the v mesh grill.

the v grille with eh v chrome Molding works best but I think the poster wanted to keep the stock grill with a v hood. I would never ruin a perfectly new V hood by having it molded in. It will most likely show the repair and I still think the back side may have to be ground out to not interfere with the stock grill. I believe this is the first time Anyone ever mentioned not running the v mesh grill.
You are correct mickeytee. My plan was to install a V hood with a chrome grille on my 06 Blue Steel Base. I love the look of the V hood. The raised area of the hood, in my opinion, breaks up what is otherwise just a plain long flat hood. I am not a fan of the mesh V grille. I do prefer the chrome 09 Platinum grille but apparently that will not fit a base 06. Having said that I like the base chrome grille better than the V grille. I have a base and a platinum chrome grille, not an 09, and will have the base grille trim piece painted Blue Steel. I guess I'll eventually sell the Platinum liquid amethyst grille. Unfortunately unless I hear something different I'll just have to pass on the V hood. Regardless of what I end up doing these are still the most beautiful cars ever built!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom