Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2004 XLR-V wheel upgrade with Pirelli non run flats and 2017 CTS center caps

BeardBros

Seasoned Member
I found a set of used painted silver XLR-V wheels for my 2004. I read all the threads on the run flat vs. no run flats and decided to go with a Pirelli cinturato p7 all season plus255/40 r19 non run flats on all four corners. It was recommended by a few friends of mine that have them that own performance touring cars. The ride and handling are very good and they are also ultra quiet. I am running them at 35psi. There are no clearance issues and I can rotate the tires. Since I bought them used they did not come with center caps so I measured the opening and found it was 2 5/8". I did some research and the 2017 CTS center cap will fit in the hole and it has the current all silver Cadillac crest. Looks pretty good!

View attachment 7327View attachment 7331 IMG_5373.jpgIMG_5374.jpg

Last edited:
love those wheels. great find on the center caps.
have you considered yellow powdercoat for the calipers. should look great on a blue car.
80-2014_corvette_c7_stingray_looks_great_in_blue_medium_1_ba66cf8902e34586baff73d8226f83b831c8730d.jpg

Last edited:
I have been contemplating the caliper colors and have not decided yet. Yellow does look good though! I have some McGard splined lug nuts coming with blue caps. I will post a pic when I get them on.

Wow that color combo looks great on that vette. I also had my calipers painted at first I had the lettering painted red but the red wasn’t the exact color of my color. So I had them repainted to a black lettering with silver calipers.
74778263cb5495153f7d8041213fbbce.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found a set of used painted silver XLR-V wheels for my 2004. I read all the threads on the run flat vs. no run flats and decided to go with a Pirelli cinturato p7 all season plus255/40 r19 non run flats on all four corners. It was recommended by a few friends of mine that have them that own performance touring cars. The ride and handling are very good and they are also ultra quiet. I am running them at 35psi. There are no clearance issues and I can rotate the tires. Since I bought them used they did not come with center caps so I measured the opening and found it was 2 5/8". I did some research and the 2017 CTS center cap will fit in the hole and it has the current all silver Cadillac crest. Looks pretty good!

View attachment 7327View attachment 7331

I noticed you said you run 35 psi our 2005 door sticker calls for 30 psi. Every time I put extra in over 30 on any tire I’ve had over the years, the ride seems much stiffer hitting bumps, manholes and an such. I put some air in her a few weeks ago to 32 and just reduced them all back down 30 again! I even think it handles better. Just my opinion but maybe give it a try you my just find a better ride too then at 35psi. I’m running the BF Goodrich g-Force Comp 2
They are not run flats either!

I was doing some reading and 35psi seemed to be the magic number for these Pirelli's that have a 50psi max pressure. I will try the 30psi and report on any difference.

center caps

I really like your center caps with the new style logo. I think it updates the car . The lug nuts ,?? well/??? HAHA I like them also.

NUTS....

I just saw the blue colored lug nuts on your wheels-they look GREAT!!! i think they would look great on my wife's XLR. Could you please tell me where you bought them so I can check them out?

Thanks so much,

Wife's XLR/Sal

I finally got the McGard splined lugnuts with blue caps installed!

View attachment 7456View attachment 7460

Sal,

Click on the link he provided and you can order them.

Thanks for that info but where can I purchase them or from who?

Thanks for your help...

I had my calipers painted the same way, grey with black lettering. I'm thinking of either changing the color
to metallic grey with black letters, maybe yellow??????, or leave it the same color as you have only this time have the calipers powder coated in the same color they are now which is the same color you have on yours.

Wow that color combo looks great on that vette. I also had my calipers painted at first I had the lettering painted red but the red wasn’t the exact color of my color. So I had them repainted to a black lettering with silver calipers.
74778263cb5495153f7d8041213fbbce.png

Last edited:
You can powdercoat the calipers or they make an actual "caliper paint". It comes in many colors and will withstand the heat generated by the brakes.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom