Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2005 XLR 10,263 miles

Sled Dog

My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Red w tan interior
I bought my XLR in 2007; it had about 9,000 miles on it. I'm new to this forum and wanted to ask some of you pros what it might be worth to a serious buyer. I'm trying to decide whether to keep it or sell it. Thanks for your help.

I bought my XLR in 2007; it had about 9,000 miles on it. I'm new to this forum and wanted to ask some of you pros what it might be worth to a serious buyer. I'm trying to decide whether to keep it or sell it. Thanks for your help.
The incredibly low mileage is certainly VERY attractive, and therefore the high "average" retail price does not apply. SO here's a "data point" for your consideration... the retail for my 2007 with 32,000 miles is $23,000. I was offered that this summer from a high end exotic car broker with a national reputation, and he wouldn't budge beyond that. I decided to keep the car, in large part, because I enjoy the car, and I paid much more for it. Because of the exceptionally low mileage on yours (how many are there in the world), I would push for the high 30's if you really want to sell it fast. As you likely know, the V models are now more sort after. If you;re looking for more dollars, I suspect they are out there-- simply because your car is becoming more unusual with each passing year... there are people in America who would pay the extra dollars for an XLR with such low mileage.... the challenge, as you well know, is connecting with them. And then there's the conundrum of keeping the car and driving it more miles-- so what to do. My comments are respectfully submitted to you and all others who wish to engage in the conversation. It's never a comfortable topic. James

The incredibly low mileage is certainly VERY attractive, and therefore the high "average" retail price does not apply. SO here's a "data point" for your consideration... the retail for my 2007 with 32,000 miles is $23,000. I was offered that this summer from a high end exotic car broker with a national reputation, and he wouldn't budge beyond that. I decided to keep the car, in large part, because I enjoy the car, and I paid much more for it. Because of the exceptionally low mileage on yours (how many are there in the world), I would push for the high 30's if you really want to sell it fast. As you likely know, the V models are now more sort after. If you;re looking for more dollars, I suspect they are out there-- simply because your car is becoming more unusual with each passing year... there are people in America who would pay the extra dollars for an XLR with such low mileage.... the challenge, as you well know, is connecting with them. And then there's the conundrum of keeping the car and driving it more miles-- so what to do. My comments are respectfully submitted to you and all others who wish to engage in the conversation. It's never a comfortable topic. James
James, thank you so much for the insight. I haven't been a 'forums guy' until just recently, so, I am not familiar with this subject as I'm sure you enthusiasts are. I recently became much more interested after getting my annual inspection at the local Cadillac dealership. The service manager told me I had the 'most immaculate XLR in the state of Texas'. After further conversation, I decided to do some research, so here I am. I basically have the same mindset as you... if I can't get what I want for it, I'll keep it! The looks I get from other drivers is priceless. When I first noticed people staring at me, it took a minute to figure out it was THE CAR they were gawking at.

Thanks again for the reply.

James, thank you so much for the insight. I haven't been a 'forums guy' until just recently, so, I am not familiar with this subject as I'm sure you enthusiasts are. I recently became much more interested after getting my annual inspection at the local Cadillac dealership. The service manager told me I had the 'most immaculate XLR in the state of Texas'. After further conversation, I decided to do some research, so here I am. I basically have the same mindset as you... if I can't get what I want for it, I'll keep it! The looks I get from other drivers is priceless. When I first noticed people staring at me, it took a minute to figure out it was THE CAR they were gawking at.

Thanks again for the reply.
Good morning sir. I'm a new XLR owner as well. Bought in Dec 2020. This is a GREAT forum, probably the best IMHO. The thing about selling is who your selling to. If it's a dealer or used lot, their in it to make a profit. Selling to a true XLRian, we pretty much know the price ranges vs, mile's, year, repairs and cost of repairs. You may hold on to it until you get a true XLR enthusiast to get closer to your askin price. I love my XLR, affectionately named Baby Blue.. Um just sayin.

Last edited:
so you only put 100 miles a year on it? thats not much. thats two sets of tires due to their age 10 oil changes due once a year and yet not driving it?

Sled,,,, If your XLR is a 'toy' that you enjoy driving on a limited basis......keep it and
enjoy the ride & looks you get while out for an occasional cruise. The XLR is an
exceptionally great looking car with either the top up or down.

Sled,,,, If your XLR is a 'toy' that you enjoy driving on a limited basis......keep it and
enjoy the ride & looks you get while out for an occasional cruise. The XLR is an
exceptionally great looking car with either the top up or down.
Agree pure zen. You know you on to something when you pull into the Cadillac dealer and dealer reps stop what they're doin to look at or talk to me bout my XLR.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom