Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

For Sale 2005 XLR, 46000 miles, warranty thru Sep 2021, $22,500

Use this thread prefix to post for sale items.

RonHochh

2005 Cadillac XLR hardtop convertible. Less than 46,000 original miles.Crimson Pearl exterior, Shale leather interior. Excellent original condition. Always garaged and never driven in bad weather.

Ally Premier Major Guard Protection after market warranty through 9/27/2021 or 73,816 miles. Recently replaced very expensive front struts and rear deck lid supports.

If you're looking for an XLR, this is the one to buy!

Attachments

• P_20170930_103927.jpg
    P_20170930_103927.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 295
  • P_20170930_104601.jpg
    P_20170930_104601.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 287
  • P_20170930_104628.jpg
    P_20170930_104628.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 290
It's springtime and the car is out of storage . . . let's get this thing sold!

Last edited:
Not in the market for your beautiful XLR (and your price is on target and attractive, in my opinion), but your comment about "Premiere Major Guard Protection" and the two repair you've done begs the question, as follows: Did the insurance plan live up to your expectations regarding these repairs? Appreciate your candor as I've often wonder just how these extra warranty companies manage XLR repairs. Respectfully, James

Not in the market for your beautiful XLR (and your price is on target and attractive, in my opinion), but your comment about "Premiere Major Guard Protection" and the two repair you've done begs the question, as follows: Did the insurance plan live up to your expectations regarding these repairs? Appreciate your candor as I've often wonder just how these extra warranty companies manage XLR repairs. Respectfully, James

Hi James. I don't typically buy extended warranties but, in this case, it seemed like a good idea. I bought the car from a dealer and they offered the warranty. I knew repairs on this car could be costly so the warranty provided some peace of mind. I've had the car, and the warranty, for almost four years and I have been very pleased with both. I've had the car in for a few repairs and there never has been a problem with coverage. As for the struts . . . I would expect that to be a maintenance item . . . but they covered it . . . no problem. Would I buy an after market warranty from some random phone call? Never! Would I buy a warranty from Ally again? Absolutely! From your fellow red XLR owner, Ron.

Thanks for your response. Following your first narrative, I looked for on-line comparisons of various company policies, and the company you selected received high marks for coverage. As you know, most "insurers" work hard at NOT providing coverage when car components fail, and so, I never researched for my XLR, but rather hoped and prayed that I no challenges would occur. Of course, they do, and the complex engineering built into an XLR is bound to create heart aches. Thank you again, and best of luck selling you XLR, James

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom