Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2007 XLR-V EXSHAUST

XLR-V4ME

My XLR/V(s)
2007 XLR-V SILVER
New owner, new to the forum.

Found the exhaust / muffler valves are not opening on the V. Any guidance or suggestions? Can the system be tested?

Noted the post about the mild 2 wild gizmo, however, before going that route, I'd like to confirm or get the valves on my exhaust going. Is there any way to override them or test them without running the car?

Last edited:
Welcome to the XLR Net!

I'm going to move your thread into the XLR-V forum for greater exposure...

There is a solenoid that controls them. Need to replace it. Located under the rear bumper on passenger side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Opening (loud) or Closing (quite)? System when functioning properly will close the valves on startup. They will be closed under 3500(maybe 3000?) rpms. They open under high rpm via computer network signal to the controller in the left rear truck well. ( yes, same place top control module is and fills with water). The controller module turns on a vacuum valve under right rear bumper to allow vacuum to close muffler valves. Any failure in the system and exhaust will be loud.
Controller is not available. Valve is at about$35.
You can test functions with a tech 2. Generally if the truck well hasn’t been filled with water, moving part would be suspect, so try the valve first. It’s not hard, 1 electric connector and 3 vacuum lines.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom