Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2008 XLR Fob/Keyless system issues

Allthingsrace

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I just purchased a 2008 XLR a week ago I put it in the garage on Friday night and Monday morning I went to go start it up and it wouldn't doors wouldn't unlock won't start I went through all the procedures got in through the trunk with the key clicked it five times did everything I was supposed to and would not recognize the fob and it would car would not start so people said that if you put it in the glove box and the car doesn't start the fob is bad I purchased a new fob brand new battery did all the same things turn the key five times the car still says no fob recognized what should I do?

Thanks

More than likely your car's battery is run down. A weak battery will cause what you're describing, I would suggest having the vehicle's battery checked out

I had same problem. Bad car battery. Do not be freaked when after you put in a new battery, it tells you that there is an ABS fault. Drive it over 25 mph and it will reset. The computer loses its memory when the battery goes South.:wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom