Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2012 Texas Mile - Beeville, Tx 26-28 Oct.

onalaska

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Infared XLR-V
I thought I would start a thread for the Fall event after Gizmo's post and great pictures on the Spring event. This looks like a lot of weekend fun. TEXAS MILE // OFFICIAL SITE // 3 DAYS, 1 MILE: NO SPEED LIMIT
Will see if I can hit the speed limiter in the XLR at 155 MPH?
I made hotel reservations in Rockport, Tx, about an hour's drive from Beeville. Nice town on the Texas Gulf Coast.

I did the houston half mile back in may... it was fun

You'll most certainly hit the limiter... I was on my way on just a 1/2 mile run and I was barely in 3rd gear

It's on my calendar as well. Most likely would bring the coach and stay at the facility to avoid the motel and daily commute.

It's on my calendar as well. Most likely would bring the coach and stay at the facility to avoid the motel and daily commute.

Cool, lets see how many XLRs we can have show up! I want to see how much wind noise mine has above 100 mph.

How much room you got in your "coach?" I got a sleeping bag. J/K I was planning on renting a car in San Antonio, getting a suite at Lackland AFB, leave ELWOOD at the track with friends staying on-site and commute from Lackland every day.

Cool, lets see how many XLRs we can have show up! I want to see how much wind noise mine has above 100 mph.

Looks like we got three so far. And hopefully Phyl and Fred will also be there and that will make 4.

At over 100MPH, I'm usually too busy to even think about listening for wind noise or to even notice. ELWOOD also has such a loud growl from the intake and exhaust, I have enough trouble just hearing my own thoughts at WOT. My Crew Chief was chewing me out during one of my ECTA LSR runs up in Ohio and I never heard a word from him (then again he was chewing me out for roasting the tires hard in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and I didn't see, hear, or feel that either):reddevil - all I knew was the tires hooked up in second so I mashed it as hard as I could trying to beat my previous record; then everything went silent (motor shut down at the 3/4 mile mark)

Note to self: helmet headphones for crew radio next time.:dunno:

How much room you got in your "coach?" I got a sleeping bag. J/K I was planning on renting a car in San Antonio, getting a suite at Lackland AFB, leave ELWOOD at the track with friends staying on-site and commute from Lackland every day.

:dunno:...depends on how many of the "crew" come with me! If I decide to bring the XLR and make a couple of passes I'll bring the trailer. Otherwise, probably just the Jeep to have some wheels.

sigstack.jpg

sigjp.jpg

Registration is Open

Registration opened today. There are only 80 spots left!

I'm registered too.

Just finished my paperwork for my Class B license, will fax it in tomorrow and we'll see if its approved.

Registration closed Thursday - all slots filled. From now on, they are taking names for the waiting list only.

30 days out, What can I break next!

30 days to the event. I've replaced all the wheel bearings; Rear tires are on order; All water pumps are now new; Only code present is fuel tank sensor (crosses fingers); Should have the fire extinguisher mount done this weekend; and race tune goes in next week.

So who's going?... other than Onalaska and I?

I'm looking at bringing my car cover and a canopy, lawn chairs, cooler, binoculars, two video cameras, two gallons of Methanol, and possibly a couple sleeping bags (in case Lonestar XLR has floorspace in his coach).

My Crew Chief is taking up the rest of the trunk with tools and parts. He said as an absolute minimum, I need a spare SC belt because mine keeps slipping. But, just in case, he's ordered a bunch of other parts, plugs, wires, and hoses. Oh... and a BAG full of FUSES! He also wants rooms closer to the track so I'm looking into Sinton and Mathis as closest available, but hoping to snag a cancellation in Beeville.

VP Racing Fuels will be there with 100 and 110 Octane fuel so I have to manage my mileage so I arrive with an empty tank.

30 days to the event. I've replaced all the wheel bearings; Rear tires are on order; All water pumps are now new; Only code present is fuel tank sensor (crosses fingers); Should have the fire extinguisher mount done this weekend; and race tune goes in next week.

So who's going?... other than Onalaska and I?

I'm looking at bringing my car cover and a canopy, lawn chairs, cooler, binoculars, two video cameras, two gallons of Methanol, and possibly a couple sleeping bags (in case Lonestar XLR has floorspace in his coach).

My Crew Chief is taking up the rest of the trunk with tools and parts. He said as an absolute minimum, I need a spare SC belt because mine keeps slipping. But, just in case, he's ordered a bunch of other parts, plugs, wires, and hoses. Oh... and a BAG full of FUSES! He also wants rooms closer to the track so I'm looking into Sinton and Mathis as closest available, but hoping to snag a cancellation in Beeville.

VP Racing Fuels will be there with 100 and 110 Octane fuel so I have to manage my mileage so I arrive with an empty tank.

It's still on my calendar pending some other developments. I did not register to run my XLR but it looks like an interesting way to spend an off weekend. I'm sure we can work something out on floorspace, or at least some space under the canopy! :laugh:

I was in your neck of the woods last Tuesday & Wednesday, testing @ Gateway. Didn't have any time available or I would've PM'd you and tried to arrange a meeting. I'll try to watch this thread and keep up to date with your plans and post mine ASAP.

PS. I have some VP fuel that will make considerably more power than 110 if your crew chief can tweak your tune up to accommodate it! :burnout:

Onalaska, hi Steven, I'm going to make a road trip to visit with family in Fl. the first week in Nov. and thought I'd leave a week earlier and watch you guys run your XLRs at this event. What hotel are you staying at so I can possibly get a room there? Or one close by.

Hi Jack, we are staying at the Hampton Inn in Rockport Tx. It's about 65 miles from Beeville where the Texas Mile is located. You may also want to check out hotels in Victoria Tx which is a little closer, about 55 miles from Beeville or Corpus Christi which is about 60 miles. I'm sure all of the hotels in Beeville are already sold out.

Hi Jack, we are staying at the Hampton Inn in Rockport Tx. It's about 65 miles from Beeville where the Texas Mile is located. You may also want to check out hotels in Victoria Tx which is a little closer, about 55 miles from Beeville or Corpus Christi which is about 60 miles. I'm sure all of the hotels in Beeville are already sold out.

Tnx Steven,

I'll check for a room today and let you know where I'll be staying.
Also, I'll be on 146.52 again if you bring a radio with.

O.K. guys, TX-Conda wants us to join the Cadillac Corral. From what little I've been able to verify, there should be about 20 CTS-Vs racing this time. Conda said there will probably be 3-5 RVs in that area so adding one more shouldn't be a problem. He wants us all to stage our pits together, but if I remember the layout and process(first come, first choice), this could be a problem. I don't want to be on the front row anyway but its gonna be tough to get us all together anywhere. We'll see...

I'll have more as I get it.

Hey! Nice going Giz! I've got my room at the La Quinta Inn South Corpus Christa for 10'25 through 10/29. If anybody needs help in their pits, I'm available.
I'm not running my XLR cause I already know what her top speed is (155 mph) then the governer shuts it down.
My ECM cannot be re-programmed!

HunterKiller said he's getting there before they open the gates on Thursday with a blue and white 40ft RV. He said his best runs are always early Friday morning. Conda and his RV will be there @6PM Thursday. Looks like I have to massage my schedule to get there a day earlier.

Jessica, Texas Mile participant coordinator, has given them permission to reserve extra space for us. I assume this means the Cadillacs will all have our pits front to back along the return road and park the RVs a couple rows back from the pit area.

Gates open Thursday Oct. 25th at 3PM. When is everyone planning on arriving? Diane & I will probably not get there until Friday afternoon. XLR will be loaded with luggage Friday so I probably will not start making runs till Saturday.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom