Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2013 XLR Bowling Green Plant Homecoming - Sept 28th, 2013

ChicagoDave

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Black XLR V, 2005 Black XLR, 2018 XT5 AWD, 2010 Black CTX Wagon AWD
OK, so I hope everyone doesn't mind me starting a new thread on this event... but here it is.

So the date is pretty much set (thanks to Dave's car show at the plant).

At this point, any information that needs to be communicated out can be posted here. Keep in mind, folks, that this event is at the end of September (its not Labor weekend or anything, so probably not need to worry about booking rooms or hotels this far in advance). But as things get worked out, it will be communicated. Bruce and I have spoken a couple of times on the phone and as he gets more information about Dave's show, he will post here (tried to look up Dave's car show online and at this point, the BGACC site does not even mention the show or date yet (even checked their Facebook page). Bruce is waiting for a call back from Dave Chrisley. THANK YOU BRUCE, for your help!

Other things like shirts, hats, things to do, etc... we will work on over the next several months. My brother is a graphic designer - I will see if he has any ideas on a "design" for hats or shirts. We could incorporate the "10 years" or "X" in the design. :cool:

Anyone interested in picking something to work on, feel free to chime in. The more people that post, the better idea we have on who is doing what and it shows others how exciting this even will be. :wave:

... stay tuned.

What else needs done?
Got a list to pick from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Hilton Garden Inn Bowling Green,KY

OK, I made a few phone calls & I got the hotel matter handled.

Hilton Garden Inn, Bowling Green, KY
270 781 6778
$93.00 a night Sept. 25 checking out on Sept. 29. This rate is for rooms with 1 King bed or 2 Queen beds. There are 40 rooms blocked, 30 King beds & 10 with 2 Queen beds. The rooms are blocked for the Vettes & Pets Car show put on by The Bowling Green Assembly Corvette Club.
When you call the hotel, let them know you are with the Vettes & Pets Car show. I recommend you call to book you room.

Now that we know the dates that we will be in Bowling Green, KY, we can start planning the visit. Here's what I have so far;

Thursday, travel day. Meet & Greet @ host hotel, Hilton Garden Inn Bowling Green. Welcome dinner @ one of the resturants near the hotel.

Friday, NCM visit. ** We have some very cool stuff in the works so we'll leave most of the day open @ this time. Dinner Drive, maybe Barren River Lake State Park (great photos @ lake) or WahBahs.

Saturday, BGACC Vettes & Pets Car show @ the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, 8:00 am - 3:00 pm. This will be a great time to get pictures of you & your XLR (s) @ the plant & meet some of the people who built the XLR. Dinner Drive after the show.

Sunday, farewell breakfast, travel day.

I will add more later.:wave:

Now that we know the dates that we will be in Bowling Green, KY, we can start planning the visit. Here's what I have so far;

Thursday, travel day. Meet & Great @ host hotel, Hilton garden Inn Bowling Green. Welcome dinner @ one of the resturants near the hotel.

Friday, NCM visit. ** We have some very cool stuff in the works so we'll leave most of the day open @ this time. Dinner Drive, maybe Barren River Lake State Park or WahBahs.

Saturday, BGACC Vettes & Pets Car show @ the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, 8:00 am - 3:00 pm. This will be a great time to get pictures of you & your XLR (s) @ the plant & meet some of the people who built the XLR. Dinner Drive after the show.

Folks
I just booked Thursday To Monday! Had to pay regular rate of $129.00 for Sunday night so if your planning Extra days they are only honoring Thursday to Saturday @ $93.00 them nights!
When I called they transferred me national reservation center may be I should call down and talk to Jess about the Sunday night rate??
The Hilton works for us we have some already earned points on HHonors Points, but the guy did not know with group discount rate if we would earn points or not for this stay??

Sept XLR Homecoming

Folks
I just booked Thursday To Monday! Had to pay regular rate of $129.00 for Sunday night so if your planning Extra days they are only honoring Thursday to Saturday @ $93.00 them nights

Hi All Y'all
I just booked my stay from Tuesday 9/24/13 to Sunday 9/29/13. I was helped by Jess. He said the $93 group rate was for Wednesday 9/25/13 to Sunday 9/29/13. He gave me the same $93 for Tuesday 9/24/13 but, had to make it a separate booking confirmation.
So, I'm all set drive to MI for my mother's 95th Birthday and also my 50th class reunion, and then down to KY for the XLR Homecoming. See you all there:wave:

Hotel Reservations made!

OK, I have made my hotel reservations for Friday night and Saturday night. I plan on arriving LATE on Friday (leaving after work - since it is month end). I am staying at the Marriot Courtyard (since I have plenty of Marriot Rewards points, isn't costing me anything - just a few points). :cool:

We also just made reservations at the Marriott (rewards points too). Hope to be in Bowling Green by about 5 p.m. on Thurs., stay till Sun.

Caravan for anyone in & around Va.? :cool: Can work that out later if schedules mesh up.

We also just made reservations at the Marriott (rewards points too). Hope to be in Bowling Green by about 5 p.m. on Thurs., stay till Sun.

Caravan for anyone in & around Va.? :cool: Can work that out later if schedules mesh up.

What route will you all be taking we are coming down from S. Central PA map shows our shortest way & time is down thur WV over thru Charleston WV 10 1/2 Hrs. 81 shows 1 hr longer

Thursday, travel day. Meet & Great @ host hotel, Hilton Garden Inn Bowling Green. Welcome dinner @ one of the resturants near the hotel.

Friday, NCM visit. ** We have some very cool stuff in the works so we'll leave most of the day open @ this time. Dinner Drive, maybe Barren River Lake State Park (great photos @ lake) or WahBahs.

It will help with my plans to know a little more about Friday activities when they are available. Right now I plan on arriving sometime Friday morning.

BTW, everyone needs to remember that Bowling Green is on Central Time.

It would be great if you & Amy could bring both XLRs. I would like to get a picture of the 2 of you with both cars @ the plant...once in a lifetime!

Attendee list

Chicago Dave & Devin
Victor-V & XLRATING
sschooley
05 GRAND DADDY XLR CADDY & Wendy
Cubby & Supa
Patrickv2221
Phrede
graytoad & Steve
Popbigguy & Rogene
BobW & Gayle
GizmoQ & PJ
Crimson Pearl & Alexis
Tiffany's Dad & Missy Bling
HOMEGAMEROOM
Misty & Sequin
Vinman & Lori
SrChief & Jean
Whit & Coyote Karen
onalaska & Diane
civilone & Tina
GM GEM
silverstreak & Sharon
Jack & Lynda Parker
ald42 & Judy
Maurice & Linda Tipton
unionrunner & coach
Harrisburg Hat

Chicago Dave
Victor-V & XLRATING
sschooley
Cubby & Supa
xlrator
Patrickv2221
Phrede
graytoad & Steve
Popbigguy & Rogene
Harrisburg Hat & Dawn
BobW & Gayle
looks like you guys have a great list of PPL. just wish this wasn't in the same time frame of my voyage (didn't want to have people get confused if i said cruise). hey sounds like I'll be missing a great reunion here. I'll be waiting for pics. Found Celeste Daughenbaugh through another Facebook friend jacqulin. Celeste has a V in what i think is the same color as jacqulins. I'll tell her about this event. I don't think she knows about this site yet.

It would be great if you & Amy could bring both XLRs. I would like to get a picture of the 2 of you with both cars @ the plant...once in a lifetime!

Hmmm, that does help a lady with her packing choices! ... ;)

Chicago Dave
Victor-V & XLRATING
sschooley
Cubby & Supa
xlrator
Patrickv2221
Phrede
graytoad & Steve
Popbigguy & Rogene
Harrisburg Hat & Dawn
BobW & Gayle

Pj is working Friday, so we won't be in till late Friday night. Made our reservations at the host hotel.

Amy, it sure would be nice to see both, yours and Mike's XLR's... Many of us have not seen his V yet (but would love to see your beauty again too!). Hope you can bring both X's! :cool:

Probably not too many chances to have both your cars in Bowling Green together (photo ops galore!) :D

Looking forward to seeing you two again (sorry I missed the PA trip). :wave:

and on anther note. It helps out if you or her would be doing some shopping too. Then you can be like ok "dear you can stop and shop. you have more room in yours" LOL

You might as well bring both, Supa & I are probably going to bring both V's. Plus as you say, then you can pack more! (Put everything in Mike's trunk and you can go topless!!)

Amy, it sure would be nice to see both, yours and Mike's XLR's... Many of us have not seen his V yet (but would love to see your beauty again too!). Hope you can bring both X's! :cool:

Probably not too many chances to have both your cars in Bowling Green together (photo ops galore!) :D

Looking forward to seeing you two again (sorry I missed the PA trip). :wave:

I'm sure you will like the V as it is black on black!

We were sorry to miss you in Pa. too - not to rub it in but it was FUN! However, I know Devin's graduation was a little more important. Hope he can come to BG too.

Now that Cubby is bringing both of his V's, I might have to bring my XLR out of self defense. Not sure I want to be along for the ride when there's a Mike-Cubby V challenge run! :burnout::burnout::burnout:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom