Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2013 XLR Bowling Green Plant Homecoming - Sept 28th, 2013

The '62 Corvette has been recovered. They are now going to shore up the area underneath the spire before proceeding with any other recovery efforts. They state this shoring up could take several days. You can view live skycam footage at the NCM website.

National Corvette Museum

Thx for the update Cubby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Wondering....

Just wondering if they'll have things back up and rolling smoothly by the July 17 - 19 homecoming. This would be my first year as an XLR owner and I would really love to go. I really hope they do because I also wold love to get my own brick on the walkway.

I feel like an XLR groupie....lol
:laugh:

Eric.

Just wondering if they'll have things back up and rolling smoothly by the July 17 - 19 homecoming. This would be my first year as an XLR owner and I would really love to go. I really hope they do because I also wold love to get my own brick on the walkway.

Eric.

They said on their website and Fb site. They will display the cars like they are out in the main area. They want to be ready for the August opening of the new area of the museum. The racetrack

Great...

They said on their website and Fb site. They will display the cars like they are out in the main area. They want to be ready for the August opening of the new area of the museum. The racetrack

I'm hitting the highway and it'll be my first road trip in her... I should be done with all this year's upgrades and touches. I can't wait...:chuckle

Eric.

Remember we are all XLR GROUPIE'S here! :blinzel:
The Museum is open now just not the Skydome area.
See this link for more information from NCM:
National Corvette Museum: National Corvette Museum "Open for Business"

Eric.

Just so you know... The Homecoming on JUL 17-19 2014 is a Corvette event much different than the 2013 XLR Homecoming that this thread is about. The Corvette Museum is a good side trip, especially if you have never been. The Homecoming is held at the Exhibition Center next to the Holiday Inn. I expect there will not be many other XLRs in attendance nor many vendor items available.

I'll be at both...

Just so you know... The Homecoming on JUL 17-19 2014 is a Corvette event much different than the 2013 XLR Homecoming that this thread is about. The Corvette Museum is a good side trip, especially if you have never been. The Homecoming is held at the Exhibition Center next to the Holiday Inn. I expect there will not be many other XLRs in attendance nor many vendor items available.

I'll be attending both... I have a gang of best friends all with "Corvettes" and myself and a few other non-corvetters go along to kinda' help share the driving. Fortunately I didn't give in to peer pressure. I've always been a "Cadillac" man and always will be. I mentioned the 17th thru 19th because while there I'd like to order my brick and hopefully it'll be in place by the time we return for the XLR event.
This however will be my 1st XLR showing...

Last edited:
I'll be attending both... I have a gang best friends all with "Corvettes" and myself and a few other non-corvetters go along to kinda' help share the driving. Fortunately I didn't give in to peer pressure. I've always been a "Cadillac" man and always will be. I mentioned the 17th thru 19th because while there I'd like to order my brick and hopefully it'll be in place by the time we return for the XLR event.

Just didn't want any surprises. The 10 year XLR Homecoming has past (2013). There will be XLR gatherings at other places this year. Depending on your location you will probably want to attend one of those.

Thanks Phrede...

Just didn't want any surprises. The 10 year XLR Homecoming has past (2013). There will be XLR gatherings at other places this year. Depending on your location you will probably want to attend one of those.

With all this bad weather I'm getting to the point where I just wanna' DRIVE. I don't really care where....lol.

With all this bad weather I'm getting to the point where I just wanna' DRIVE. I don't really care where....lol.

Me too. But maybe only a days drive. For not having anything planned for this yr. my calendar is filling up fast. I know I'll be attending the spring fest and car show at the fruit cove baptist church on April 12th then my timeshare in Daytona in June and July. But probably won't take the xlr there. There is no covered or real security to watch over. This is all before putting the condo/house back together in the next month or 2

Thanks for clearing this up. I was getting excited that there will be another event up there.

5 out of the 8 Corvettes recovered!!

They have been moving right along on recovery at the NCM. The 'millionth' was recovered after some concrete slabs were removed. They were then going to start shoring up the spire and sinkhole area before any more recovery. After the millionth came out, they figured they could get the PPG Pace car as well, so it came out in the afternoon--missing the backend of the body. Sound like they will vacuum away dirt, etc. from the three 'buried' one left after the other work is done--could take several weeks. On my way to Sebring for the race next week, so I think I'll stop by NCM on the way back on the 17th to see all this in person.

This not looking so good
nety9a2a.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/corvettemuseum/posts/10151982410262441:0

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors