Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2014 Pirelli World Challenge Series

cubby558

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
'16 Z06, "06 XLR-V Infra Red-Sold, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader
The start of the Pirelli World Challenge series started today after Saturdays rainout of the start of the season. Cadillac Racing will have its hand full this season, with some new entries this year. K-Pax Racing dropped the Volvos this year to bring in the McLarens. Lamborghini is also a new entry along with Mike Skeen switching from his longtime Corvette to bring Nissan into the mix with his new GTR. Lamborghini was the fastest in practice and set a new track record, before the racing started. The Cadillac CTS-V's will start the standing start race in the fourth and fifth positions, with the Ferrari's in front of them.

It should be an exciting season for Pirelli World Challenge this year!

Race Update:

Andy Pilgrim makes fast work of the field and takes the overall lead just four laps into racing. He builds an eight second lead on the field, before a full race course caution brings the field back to his rear bumper. On restart, he gets a great jump and builds a four second lead before other class traffic bring the field back to him. with less than two minutes remaining the 'fastest GT class in the field', the Lamborghini makes his move to pas Andy with three laps to go. The #8 Cadillac of Andy Pilgrim finishes second, .775 seconds behind the winning Lamborghini.

Reigning GT Champ, Johnny O'Connell was nowhere to be found during the race. It is unknown what problems he was experiencing. Cadillac gets a podium finish in the first race of the season, to defend its GT Manufacturers Championship of 2013. GO Cadillac!!

Thanks for the update - GO ANDY & CADILLAC!!! A shame he missed the win.

Andy Pilgrim is one of the most genuine, down to earth "stars" I've ever met, definitely wish him all the best.

After yesterday's rainout my oldest Son (Chad) and I went to St Pete for the races today.
A great day but the distress from yesterday's rain outs was evident everywhere. It actually reminded me of Camp Toffolo at Mid Ohio after a mild downpoor. Navy guys are so unprepared to deal with rain without wearing life jackets!

At Sebring 2014 we spent some time with the Lamborghini people and they appear very committed to being a race contender. Our Cadillac racers need to focus on making wins happen.
Today showed that Lamborghini cars bring more than big price tags!

Enjoyed today a lot!

FYI- this years Free Cadillac Racing shirts are blue. Light blue for Ladies and dark for Men.
Unfortunately, I couldn't get enough for all our deserving Cadillac fans!
Hopefully I will see you at a future Cadillac Racing event!

Steve

Andy Pilgrim is one of the most genuine, down to earth "stars" I've ever met, definitely wish him all the best.

Amy, here's a picture from Yesterday;

Attachments

• 1799880_636605923071563_1062601686_o.jpg
    1799880_636605923071563_1062601686_o.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 401
Thanks Bruce - I think Andy is THE MAN!

After yesterday's rainout my oldest Son (Chad) and I went to St Pete for the races today.
A great day but the distress from yesterday's rain outs was evident everywhere. It actually reminded me of Camp Toffolo at Mid Ohio after a mild downpoor. Navy guys are so unprepared to deal with rain without wearing life jackets!

At Sebring 2014 we spent some time with the Lamborghini people and they appear very committed to being a race contender. Our Cadillac racers need to focus on making wins happen.
Today showed that Lamborghini cars bring more than big price tags!

Enjoyed today a lot!

FYI- this years Free Cadillac Racing shirts are blue. Light blue for Ladies and dark for Men.
Unfortunately, I couldn't get enough for all our deserving Cadillac fans!
Hopefully I will see you at a future Cadillac Racing event!

Steve

Steve, it's nice to hear that you & Chad went to St Pete to cheer on Cadillac Racing. The winning Lamborghini was driven by Tomas Enge, AWESOME driver! It looks like you had good weather. You had a very busy month of March. :wave:

Last edited:
World Challenge; TV Repeat

Noticed that NBC Sport channel is running the St. Petersburg World Challenge race from 5:30 pm to 7:00pm this evening.
At least that appears to be the case in my area (channel 1640 here).

Maybe we can get a different result this time…. Go Cadillac Racing Team!!

Steve

Noticed that NBC Sport channel is running the St. Petersburg World Challenge race from 5:30 pm to 7:00pm this evening.
At least that appears to be the case in my area (channel 1640 here).

Maybe we can get a different result this time…. Go Cadillac Racing Team!!

Steve

Thanks for the post! 14:30 Pacific on channel 220 DirecTV NBCSN

Kathy with Andy @ Sebring 2005

Attachments

• Kathy & Andy.jpg
    Kathy & Andy.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 374
Spoiler Alert--World Challenge-Long Beach

If you don't want to know the results from Long Beach, stop reading now!

Cadillac Racing finishes 1-2 at Long Beach
GT pole sitter Johnny O’Connell led all 32 laps in his No. 3 Cadillac Racing CTS-V.R to take the win in the second round of the 2014 Pirelli World Challenge championship on the streets of Long Beach, California.
O’Connell’s win was an effective recovery from a 10th-place showing in the season opening round two weeks ago at St. Petersburg, Florida. His Cadillac Racing teammate, Andy Pilgrim, finished second for the Caddies’ first 1-2 result since Round 10 of the 2013 season at Toronto.
“Honestly, it’s going to be a long season climbing back from what happened at St. Pete,” O’Connell said. “We came away with barely any points there. We have to score points, and we got maximum points.”
Anthony Lazzaro brought the R.Ferri team its first PWC podium with a third-place showing in the No. 61 Ferrari 458 Italia. GMG Racing Audi teammates Andrew Palmer and James Sofronas completed the Top 5.

Go Team Cadillac!!

World Challenge points standing after two races:

[h=3]Championship Standings[/h]2014 Season
gtTop_img.png

Driver Points
Andy Pilgrim 224

Johnny O'Connell 188

Anthony Lazzaro 181

Andrew Palmer 180

James Sofronas 152

Tomas Enge 149

Manufacturer Points

Cadillac 17
Reiter Eng. Lamborghini 10
Ferrari 8
Audi 8

Last edited:
More News for Pirelli World Challenge

Spoke with Cadillac Tech today and then found this article. Seems that Dyson Racing is bringing Bentley into the GT class of the Pirelli World Challenge series. Things are going to be exciting for Cadillac Racing this year!

Dyson Racing Poised for Bentley PWC Program - Sportscar365

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back