Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

A couple of XLR trip ideas for 2017

Cadillac Tech

Seasoned Member
Here's a couple of XLR trip ideas for 2017;

Michigan Trip/Woodward Dream Cruise, August 14-19. Visit Gilmore Classic Car Museum in Hickory Corners, The Henry Ford Museum, Greenfield Village & Rouge River Assembly Plant in Dearborn. Cruising on Woodward Avenue every night & the actual Dream Cruise on Saturday. The Woodward Dream Cruise is like nothing else!

New York StateTrip, June 28-July 2. Visit Niagara Falls & attend IMSA WeatherTech United Sports Car race @ Watkins Glen International Raceway. This is the Sahlen's Six Hours Of The Glen.

Just a few ideas...:wave:

Bruce - those are good ideas! Definitely can't start thinking of those things too early in order to get things set up - especially hotel rooms in the summer.

Summer fun.

Bruce. First time attempting to reply to a thread. Hope I got it right. My husband and I own a 2004 Zenon blue XLR, bluebeast. We would love to get together with other XLR owners at Woodward Dream cruise, if something can be set up as a group. We did the Cruise when we owned my Vette, and had a ball. Would really love to be able to do it with a group of XLR's. The rest of you thoughts for summer fun sound like great fun also. We are in Michigan, so most of your ideas are do-able for us. Please keep us posted on any ideas. Cathie and Paul :thumbsup

Bruce,

We would be interested in either or both trips. As always though, we need to get an idea of how many, so we can get working on rooms. As you know, Woodward will be hard to get rooms the later you wait. If you are keeping a list put us down.

Cubby & Supa

I'm game for the Michigan cruise. I'm currently in St Louis but could be anywhere at that time. We're full time RV'ers so I wouldn't need a hotel.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

Bruce, research reveals that the route of the Woodward Dream Cruise is 16 miles long. I have to assume that there are hotels along the route that are located in areas one would want to stay in.

I've never been to Detroit and am not familiar with the area. It would be great to stay in a nice hotel where you could bring a chair and observe the cruise from the sidewalk close to a nice hotel.

It would great to visit the museums and other automotive related sites in the general area!

Last edited:
Bruce,
I would vote for the Watkins Glen trip. Beth and I lived in that area for 8 years and I am very familiar with it. We lived in Corning, NY. Let me know, I would be glad to help coordinate activities. The Finger Lakes Wine trail is a great compliment to the race.

As for Detroit, I grew up in Toledo, Mom and Dad lived in Gross Pointe Farms for 10 years, so I amOK with going to Detroit as well.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
New York Trip - We would like more information on what events are planned on what days as our daughter planning on getting married on the weekend of 1st of July. So we could be interested but may need to roll out early to get back home. We always wanted to do a Niagara Falls Trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
2017 XLR Road Trips

Happy New Year to all!
Blue Grandma would love to stretch her legs this summer with all her fellow XLR friends! Not to mention that we would as well. Both trips sound great to us, and Nils has been talking about the Woodward Dream Cruise for quite a while. As much as we like the XLR Road Trips, we really love the fact that we get to spend time with the XLR Forum Gang!

gathering

Hello,
This this is only my 2nd post - Would you think about having a gathering in West Virginia? Lots of great roads and places to visit. Only about 5 hours from Bowling Green assembly plant too! I live in Hurricane, WV and own a 2008 XLR-V, white with cashmere interior, D3 intake, upgraded pulley, long tube headers, upgraded intercooler, larger intercooler reservoir, larger intercooler pump, exhaust cut outs, Willwood Aero Big Brake Kit, etc.

Hello,
This this is only my 2nd post - Would you think about having a gathering in West Virginia? Lots of great roads and places to visit. Only about 5 hours from Bowling Green assembly plant too! I live in Hurricane, WV and own a 2008 XLR-V, white with cashmere interior, D3 intake, upgraded pulley, long tube headers, upgraded intercooler, larger intercooler reservoir, larger intercooler pump, exhaust cut outs, Willwood Aero Big Brake Kit, etc.

Like your idea -- bet there are some great mountain twisties & views -- AND you need to post pictures of your XLR.

Scott,
I love WV. Have many friends there. Lived in Parkersburg for 6 years. Count me in.
Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Few pics of my Girl !!

DSC_0001.jpgDSC_0007.jpgDSC_0010.jpgDSC_0011.jpgDSC_0015.jpgDSC_0016.jpgDSC_0001.jpgDSC_0007.jpgDSC_0010.jpgDSC_0011.jpgDSC_0015.jpgDSC_0016.jpg

A "school" mate

Looks like schooley will have some competition for the "XLR in white" attention! :thumbsup

Looks like we're getting a little sidetracked on this thread.... I sure miss our yearly travels!!!! The wife wants a TRIP!!! She's going stir crazy being home with only me!! I don't talk enough!! What about Carmel "17? I know it's only a weekend trip, but I missed last year's.

Chad

Cadillacs in Cadillac?

Hello everyone!

Just throwing this out there but I ran across a site while browsing the "interweb". Have any of you been to the Cadillac, MI car show? It's on June 10, 11th, (Sat and Sun) this year. I was reading about it and it sounds interesting. It had over 400 participants last year, and reading the registration list I didn't see one XLR. The lion's share was made up of good old classics but any year is accepted. I just thought a bunch of XLRs would look mighty fine gracing the streets of Cadillac! They have a lake cruise with a car show, a fun run, etc on Saturday and then a downtown classic car show, etc. on Sun. Don't know if this could be made into a week's trip as I don't know about the area other than I understand it has beautiful scenery. Mackinac Island is a couple hours drive with the famous Grand Hotel but no cars on the ferry.

Back to the Bricks ~

We are up for any kind of event!!! MAYBE WE COULD TAKE A POLL OF ALL THE GREAT SUGGESTIONS THAT HAVE BEEN MENTIONED AND START PLANNING... I'm sure if we put our heads together we could come up with something! 🚘

Sorry for prattling on,

Anyone on this forum that can or will be in the KC vicinity the weekend of April 22, the KCVETTERYDERS CLUB will be having the 1st of their annual car shows for all vehicles. I understand there will be a few XLRs there
including mine. Its called BRING EM OUT CAR SHOW.
6151 Blue Ridge Blvd
Raytown MO 64030
Kansas City Corvette Club
Hope to see many XLRs there.

Sent from my LGLK430 using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC