Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

A newbie

larry von

My XLR/V(s)
2008 XLR
We are Larry and Nadine, live in Oceanside CA. Just purchased an 08 XLR We are very happy with the car. It needs afew things but we got it for the right price. I have enjoyed reading the forum as we did our XLR research.
Had a PPI done by an independent Cadillac shop in Phoenix (where I bought the car). They pointed out a few things but over all a very good well maintained car. 113,000 miles Black on black
A couple of questions.

Recommendations for independent mechanic in San Diego or So. CA. I need shocks and have red the details here in forum. Great info. Also have a few minor oil leaks.
Is there an XLR group that meets in So. CA?

THX

We are Larry and Nadine, live in Oceanside CA. Just purchased an 08 XLR We are very happy with the car. It needs afew things but we got it for the right price. I have enjoyed reading the forum as we did our XLR research.
Had a PPI done by an independent Cadillac shop in Phoenix (where I bought the car). They pointed out a few things but over all a very good well maintained car. 113,000 miles Black on black
A couple of questions.

Recommendations for independent mechanic in San Diego or So. CA. I need shocks and have red the details here in forum. Great info. Also have a few minor oil leaks.
Is there an XLR group that meets in So. CA?

THX

Welcome to the XLR forum from PA on the Eastside Coast! I’m in the process of installing for the 2nd time of replacement shocks on our 2005 and since the backs were just installed about 2 years ago (@ about 20k miles of use) and leaky already, I’m doing the switch out to regular Bilstine Shocks as you may of read on here! And it’s about a 1/3rd the cost of the Magnetic OEM’s! We named our car Roxy, she had 53K @ purchase in 4/2011 and 100,300k to date! Good Luck and enjoy your new to you top down toy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to The XLR Site : )

Great and unusual cars. Welcome! FYI, I bought mine in San Diego from the original owners in The Fall of 2013. Dealer where they purchased it new was in Pacific Beach CA.* The original owner when he bought it new (Doctor) was 86 years old at the time. So was 93 years old when I bought it from his wife. She was 88. Now that's optimism! :cool:

Please post some pictures when you can.

* Oops, was 'new' from Guy Hill Cadillac (now gone) Pacific Beach Ca.

Last edited:
Congrats on the purchase of your 2008 XLR and welcome to the XLR Net!! :thumbsup

Hi Larry, Welcome. I left you a PM. Please check it and get back to me on the keychain. Thanks. Anthony

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom