Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! A/V Nav unit questions

Jerry Lee

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Silver XLR-V
If this has been asked/answered, I apologize, I'm new to forums in general and have been unable to find it.

I love my XLR, which I bought new 5 years ago, with the exception of the Nav, so Im looking for any possible improvements.

I installed the Coastaletech.com iPod interface $129 and with a FIPO Bluetooth receiver (ebay about $30) it performs remarkably well playing music through the XLR radio via Bluetooth from my iPhone 4. I found the direct iPod connection to be relatively useless as navigation through the playlists is unacceptable from the Nav screen, and the iPhone being plugged into the system disables internal iPhone song access. The thing I love about the FIPO is that it auto reconnects, and since the iPhone pauses when BT disconnects, when I turn off the car and get out, music pauses on my iPhone, and when I start the car, without touching anything, the FIPO reconnects, and when it does, the iPhone comes out of pause into play just where it left off, even if the iPhone never left my pocket.

I saw some posts on the Costar Bluetooth for $279 and was curious as to how seamlessly it integrates. Does it auto connect? Does it function just like OnStar calling? Does voice dialing work? Can you simply click on a phone number on the info tab of a POI, on the Nav screen, and have your phone dial out? Those who have installed this, is this something you'd do again?

Has anyone successfully been able to eliminate the destination and other lockouts while driving or unlocked DVD playing while driving?

Has anyone successfully added video input to the Nav unit for a back up camera or an iPhone video input or anything like that?

Were any significant improvements made to the Nav Radio in later years?

Thanks for your help!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back