Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Aftermarket Radio

josua

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Raven Black xlr 2009 sts4
The post on the install was on 10/14/2017 called "aftermarket install". The only thing I didn't put on there was the actual wiring diagram for the NEX. Pioneer's diagram is pretty simple, it tells you where to connect the nex to the Gmos adapter. The "switched hot" comes out of the Gmos. Also shows how to power the Bose amp. The steering wheel adapter is straight up. Just plugs into the nex. Programming's a little confusing. Follow they're instructions. The switched hot for this comes off of the gmos to the nex, (red/white). Only thing that doesn't work is the radio stuff on the HUD. If you put the two diagrams, nex and gmos side by side makes it a lot easier. Hardest part for me was actually mounting the pioneer. The OEM mount is two pieces, one on each side. If I was doing it again, I'd figure the mounts out first. Wiring wouldn't be in the way. There's approx 1/2" gap on each side. How you want to handle that is ur choice. I cut and superglued two small pieces of plastic to the mounts to fill the void. You don't have to be an engineer to do this and the end result you won't regret...awesome. Have at it. Its a lot easier than I'm probably making it sound.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom