Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Ambient sensor reset?

Michael B

I got from ebay . In gm original parts. Do not have number, I disposed of bag.lol. temp reading now is working but plunges to - degree in the morning when was setting at 75 degree. I haven't disconnect ed battery yet and drained residual current. Should I ? Will that reset?

xlrlist01

Seasoned Member
I got from ebay . In gm original parts. Do not have number, I disposed of bag.lol. temp reading now is working but plunges to - degree in the morning when was setting at 75 degree. I haven't disconnect ed battery yet and drained residual current. Should I ? Will that reset?
There is no reset I am aware of, it should just work. As it is reading too low, check for a high resistance, use some contact cleaner on the connectors, see if that fixes it.

Michael B

Clean connection so far so good. You would think after 3 years I would know to do that . I'm electrician as well. Thanks much.
2019-02-09.jpeg

mickeytee

Seasoned Member
that should do it .Its a simple sensor and the only thing that can be wrong is resistance not reading properly thus a new one or clean the connection.

Michael B

Purchased a new one . Installed didn't work properly,but different from the old one. Finally broke down and cleaned connection and now working properly.

Thanks everyone
Mike

xlrlist01

Seasoned Member
Purchased a new one . Installed didn't work properly,but different from the old one. Finally broke down and cleaned connection and now working properly.

Thanks everyone
Mike
Glad it worked for you. I carry a small can of contact cleaner in the rear stowage; the XLR (like many of today's 'latest and greatest') depends on its electronics and problems with connectors is the #1 cause of strange behaviors. I too kick myself for forgetting to check things where I really should know better.

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win a Cadillac CTS-V!

Cadillac CTS-V Dream Giveaway

Supporting Vendors

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Top Bottom