Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Any XLR-V Rims For Sale?

David XLR-V

My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR-V, Raven black
Looking for some wheels for an XLR-V.
Boy, once you curb check them there's no forgiveness. They continue to flake off...

if they continue to flake then its bad paint job. powder coating usually does not flake but bad prep and regualr paint does .they may have to be stripped and refinished if flacking still under 150 each. refinished ones on ebay usually are around 300 each and may not match but if you put both on the same side you will never tell

if they continue to flake then its abd paint job. powder coating usually does nto flake but bad prep and regualr paint does .the ymay have to be stripped and refinished still under 150 each
I was surprised they were flaking because as you pointed out, powder coat wouldn't flake as far as I know.

Thanks for the tip. I'm really leaning towards getting them stripped (is that sandblasted?) and powder coated. Maybe that's a step up in quality as well...

that would be correct. I am not a fan of powder coating as its really hard to do a repair if you do get a scratch. but hey would most likely be striped soda blasted and then refinished. let us know how it goes and cost if you would

My actual experience supports what mickeytee is telling you. The alloy on my base rims was flaking off. Took it to our wheel repair guy who said paint was better than powder coat because if it gets damaged you can fix it. So I picked an awesome metallic flake and had them sandblasted, painted, and clear coated. Sure enough the dealer dropped a wrench on the rim & gouged the paint. Easy fix, never know it happened. I’m sold on painted rims, chrome looks good but is too fragile (road salt & environmental contaminants will damage it) & not repairable. Alloys eventually go too.

Great insight. Thank you for sharing that. Can you upload some pictures of your rims? If not, I totally understand. If your life is busy like mine the last thing you want is another task... ha ha!

If you happen to have some pics already and it's not too much of a hassle I would love to see them though. Maybe a side view shot of the whole car too... I want that metal flake look too and not chrome ;)

Looking for some wheels for an XLR-V.
Boy, once you curb check them there's no forgiveness. They continue to flake off...
I have Polished Alloy rims off my 2004 XLR; they’re on eBay (I’m seller “cr5902”) and this site.
Clay

Great insight. Thank you for sharing that. Can you upload some pictures of your rims? If not, I totally understand. If your life is busy like mine the last thing you want is another task... ha ha!

If you happen to have some pics already and it's not too much of a hassle I would love to see them though. Maybe a side view shot of the whole car too... I want that metal flake look too and not chrome ;)
Here are some pics, hopefully they show up good enough, it’s definitely best in person. By the way, my calipers are powder coated, in a subtle dark gray Same guy repaired some clear coat damage on our XLR-V wheels, can’t tell anything ever happened to the point it gets 1st place trophies at car shows.
737736D7-26A1-4A72-A501-E31F594870B4.jpeg
The guy color matched the crest to the car paint as a surprise gift because he could tell how passionate I am about keeping the car nice. Put your thumb over it if you don’t like it!

Here are some pics, hopefully they show up good enough, it’s definitely best in person. By the way, my calipers are powder coated, in a subtle dark gray Same guy repaired some clear coat damage on our XLR-V wheels, can’t tell anything ever happened to the point it gets 1st place trophies at car shows.View attachment 13722 The guy color matched the crest to the car paint as a surprise gift because he could tell how passionate I am about keeping the car nice. Put your thumb over it if you don’t like it!
Those look really nice! I've always loved that xlr red too

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back