Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Anyone ever add and AUX to the stereo?

XLR8ER

My XLR/V(s)
Red 2005 Base
I have a 2005. The lack of an AUX jack for my digital music is a constant irritant. I can't find anyone in my area how knows about a fix to ad this. I don't want to screw with the integrated stereo. Has anyone tackled this situation?

I was thinking of something like this. I found it on ebay. Its cheap, only $15.

View attachment 7414

This Bluetooth FM transmitter is a perfect solution for those who don't have an auxiliary jack in their car and don't have Bluetooth capabilities, and it also can be used as a charger for all of your devices.
*Support A2DP, AVRCP, HFP.

*Wirelessly transmit phone call from Bluetooth mobile phone to the car FM stereo system.

*Switch to hands free model automatically from music playing status when receiving call.

*With A2DP function, stream music from Bluetooth device to car's FM stereo system.

*Supports music playing from USB disk.

*Supports MP3/WMA format files.

*Draws power from the cigarette socket in the car.

*Dual USB outputs 5V/3.4A, charges iPhone, iPad, iPod and other devices.

*Full 206 channels optional from 87.5-108MHz.

*LED display the number.

*With voltage dection to remind your car battery health status.

*Incoming call number announcement.

*Redial the last call.

Specifications:

*Color: As pictures show

*Bluetooth version: JL 2.1

*USB output: 5V/3.4A

*Transmit distance: about 5m

*Microphone effective range: about 0.5-2m

*Product input:12-24V

*Music format:MP3 WMA

*Working current:40mA

*Standby current:40mA

*Screen specifications: blue LED digital display

*Diameter: about 34mm

*Length: about 78.4mm

Warm tip: The frequency range of our wireless Bluetooth FM transmitter is 87.5-108MHZ, so you can tune to the exact station on your radio and there's no necessary to worry about the frequency or static.

Package including:
1 * Bluetooth FM Transmitter

How to operate:

*Plug the FM transmitter into your vehicle's cigarette lighter.

*Tune your radio to an unused FM frequency, then match this kit to the same frequency.

*Activate your phone's Bluetooth function, then search new device. When the phone detects a unit named "C26S", please press it to connect.

*This device is equipped with memory function, once connecting successfully, you do not need to connect again.

I used one of those bluetooth adapters (several brands) for about a year. Got tired of the out of date NAV system, lack of bluetooth in the GM head unit, and broke down and purchased a new Kenwood head unit. Now I got everything that I want plus a back up camera that this car seriously needs

View attachment 7414

This Bluetooth FM transmitter is a perfect solution for those who don't have an auxiliary jack in their car and don't have Bluetooth capabilities, and it also can be used as a charger for all of your devices.
*Support A2DP, AVRCP, HFP.

*Wirelessly transmit phone call from Bluetooth mobile phone to the car FM stereo system.

*Switch to hands free model automatically from music playing status when receiving call.

*With A2DP function, stream music from Bluetooth device to car's FM stereo system.

*Supports music playing from USB disk.

*Supports MP3/WMA format files.

*Draws power from the cigarette socket in the car.

*Dual USB outputs 5V/3.4A, charges iPhone, iPad, iPod and other devices.

*Full 206 channels optional from 87.5-108MHz.

*LED display the number.

*With voltage dection to remind your car battery health status.

*Incoming call number announcement.

*Redial the last call.

Specifications:

*Color: As pictures show

*Bluetooth version: JL 2.1

*USB output: 5V/3.4A

*Transmit distance: about 5m

*Microphone effective range: about 0.5-2m

*Product input:12-24V

*Music format:MP3 WMA

*Working current:40mA

*Standby current:40mA

*Screen specifications: blue LED digital display

*Diameter: about 34mm

*Length: about 78.4mm

Warm tip: The frequency range of our wireless Bluetooth FM transmitter is 87.5-108MHZ, so you can tune to the exact station on your radio and there's no necessary to worry about the frequency or static.

Package including:
1 * Bluetooth FM Transmitter

How to operate:

*Plug the FM transmitter into your vehicle's cigarette lighter.

*Tune your radio to an unused FM frequency, then match this kit to the same frequency.

*Activate your phone's Bluetooth function, then search new device. When the phone detects a unit named "C26S", please press it to connect.

*This device is equipped with memory function, once connecting successfully, you do not need to connect again. [/QUOT

I have a Bluetooth system that is hard wired thru the fm anti. It work well however my wife has this one you describe in her 500 SL that works much better. What seems to be better is it instantly pairs every time. The hard side system does not always pair. I would go with the above or spend the big buck and install the Kenwood Apple. I have found the Kenwood Apple installed for $1000.

I have a Bluetooth system that is hard wired thru the fm anti. It work well however my wife has this one you describe in her 500 SL that works much better. What seems to be better is it instantly pairs every time. The hard side system does not always pair. I would go with the above or spend the big buck and install the Kenwood Apple. I have found the Kenwood Apple installed for $1000.

Not sure what you mean by Kenwood Apple. They do make units that are compatible with Apple Car Play and Android Auto, which is the type I have, using an Android phone. All of their products are numerically identified.

Not sure what you mean by Kenwood Apple. They do make units that are compatible with Apple Car Play and Android Auto, which is the type I have, using an Android phone. All of their products are numerically identified.

Dont recall the model number. The Kenwood I'm referring to places everything from your phone on the screen. I'm thinking it's the same as you have only apple for the iPhone. I was quoted over $1k however they offered it for the $1k even. I'm still considering it; just didn't want to comitt as I only had the XLR A month at the time. I have owned it and drive it daily since last November.

Dont recall the model number. The Kenwood I'm referring to places everything from your phone on the screen. I'm thinking it's the same as you have only apple for the iPhone. I was quoted over $1k however they offered it for the $1k even. I'm still considering it; just didn't want to comitt as I only had the XLR A month at the time. I have owned it and drive it daily since last November.

The one I have can accommodate either Apple or Android, That's the way Kenwood makes them. If I want to mirror the phone screen you have to have an HDMI cable or wireless HDMI

If you have the Sirius XM module I would suggest looking into the AUX-1F VRT connector offered by Ray Kawal.

C6 Corvette Modifications

Just installed it over the weekend along with a Bluetooth Aux adapter. Took about 30 minutes total and was a very easy install to add Bluetooth/Aux to the XLR. I'd highly recommend going this route if you are not planning to replace the head unit.

Jabra Freeway Bluetooth with FM works well in my.XLR

I use a Jabra Freeway hands free Bluetooth with FM on my 08 XLR. It keeps my XLR bone stock and works very well with my smartphone(s) streaming to my stock Bose unit. It conveniently clips on to my sun visor and operates well with voice commands. I use my phone's Microsoft maps for the GPS which is excellent.

Sound quality can be greatly affected by RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) caused by having your device and/or the Jabra Freeway charging cables plugged in as cables act as antennas that suck in all kinds of noise. The Jabra has a long up to 14 hour battery life. It has a function that will seek the best FM frequency to set the radio to. Not audiophile quality, but very good considering the less than $80 cost.

I have a 2005. The lack of an AUX jack for my digital music is a constant irritant. I can't find anyone in my area how knows about a fix to ad this. I don't want to screw with the integrated stereo. Has anyone tackled this situation?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom