Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Anyone live in texas?

1BADXLR

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Xenon Blue XLR
Haven't been on here since deployment started 9 months ago, We got delayed to help out in the Philippines with the relief. Hope all is well with everyone.
Just wondering if anyone from here lives in Texas. Wondering what the car scene is like out there. The reason I ask, is for future get-togethers/ road trips. I'm leaving the Navy after 4 1/2 years and at 25yrs old I plan on making the move from Minnesota to Fort Worth, Texas. I'm still trying to lock down a job as an aviation mechanic, anywhere really, but my mind is made up of Texas. Sick of the winter cold in Minnesota.

On a side note, I just bought my third car, a 2006 STS-V... yup, I LOVE my garage :D

Aw_800.jpgSDC10441.jpgpacecar.jpg

Sweet garage! Thanks for your service Sailor! I'm retired USAF (CT type). Texas is a big state - I'm in the Hill Country about 300 miles South of Ft Worth. Choose a good company as the aerospace industry can be a tough game. If you have the tickets I'd look up L3 in Greenville. Good Luck!

Haven't been on here since deployment started 9 months ago, We got delayed to help out in the Philippines with the relief. Hope all is well with everyone.
Just wondering if anyone from here lives in Texas. Wondering what the car scene is like out there. The reason I ask, is for future get-togethers/ road trips. I'm leaving the Navy after 4 1/2 years and at 25yrs old I plan on making the move from Minnesota to Fort Worth, Texas. I'm still trying to lock down a job as an aviation mechanic, anywhere really, but my mind is made up of Texas. Sick of the winter cold in Minnesota.

On a side note, I just bought my third car, a 2006 STS-V... yup, I LOVE my garage :D

View attachment 3552View attachment 3553View attachment 3554

Good to hear you made it home safe. Have a couple of friends in Dallas and I know two of them are street race regularly. I would think with the nice weather it would be a good area for car enthusiast. I have been keeping my eye open for a silver sts v looks like we have the same taste in vehicles. Theirs no room for the wife to sit in the xlr since the addition of our little boy. Good luck with house and work hunting.

I think you will like Fort Worth. I moved here in 2000 and would not think about leaving. For jobs check out Lockheed and Bell helicopter. Also if you would like to remain in the Reserves we have the Joint Reserve Base here that is run by the Navy. If you have any questions about the area send me a msg and I will try and help you.

http://www.bellhelicopter.com/en_US/Careers/Careers.html

I think you will like Fort Worth. I moved here in 2000 and would not think about leaving. For jobs check out Lockheed and Bell helicopter. Also if you would like to remain in the Reserves we have the Joint Reserve Base here that is run by the Navy. If you have any questions about the area send me a msg and I will try and help you.

http://www.bellhelicopter.com/en_US/Careers/Careers.html

I've applied to them, thank you. Nobody is hiring anyone without an A&P license. So I think I'm going to use my 9/11 gi bill and work on it.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom