Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Basic tune up help!

hcloud13

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Silver XLR
Hi everyone.
So I just bought my 2004 XLR, flew out to San Francisco and drove it back to FL putting 3k miles on her. She did great! Just hit 100K not a single issue. Doing a full tune up, already did the plugs,Oil,Oil Filter, Air Filter, Cabin Filter,. Since I'm new to this car/engine is there anything I should check? Any quarks with her that I should check out? Thanks

A couple other things I can think of is cooling system, tranny, and rear end fluids, if you do rear end make sure to put in the recommended additive and most important thing on these XLR's is a good battery! I'd also check your rear bumper key from time to time just use it to keep it operable! If your parking your XLR more than about 2 weeks put on a battery tender! Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple other things I can think of is cooling system, tranny, and rear end fluids, if you do rear end make sure to put in the recommended additive and most important thing on these XLR's is a good battery! I'd also check your rear bumper key from time to time just use it to keep it operable! If your parking your XLR more than about 2 weeks put on a battery tender! Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guy I bought it from said the same thing about the battery, I'll go get a new one as the one in the car is kinda old.

The guy I bought it from said the same thing about the battery, I'll go get a new one as the one in the car is kinda old.

Do yourself a favor, get an Odyssey or Optima battery and more than likely you won't have to get some type of battery tender. I've gone as long as 2 weeks with my Odyssey battery with no problems starting

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom